Like Tree21Likes

Moving to Hongkong @Tin Shui Wai

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by mokhi6:
    lol.. if op takes 50 mins from TC to Olympic he should just stay where he is; or stay in Olympic itself.. Please dont tell me that TSW and Tung chung would take same time to reach Olympic station. Living in Tung Chung I work in Kwai Fong, KCC tower, and it takes exactly 45 mins for me to reach there from my home. bare in mind i need to take 10 min bus from where i live in tung chung..

as op mentioned; if he moved to Tin shui wai in kingswodd ginza, that would take him easily an hour and 20 mins to reach Olympian city. you need to take LRT from ginza station to west rail, west rail from tin shui wai station to Nam Cheong, then change to Tung Chung (yellow) line to go to olypim station, now assume he works in HSBC or anything near Olympic station it would take him another few minutes.. so here you go 'doo to door'...
    You are assuming there are no resident buses. There are often resident buses in such develoments.

*OP - it occurs to me that you can also consider GOld Coast. I had forgotten that the resident bus goes to Olympic these days. About 25 mins from the club house, only 5 buses in the morning and same returning in the evening though. And Gold Coast is not as cheap as it used to be with all the developments going up.

excuse my ignorance, i thought they were protesting in Yuen Long...
    I'm really surprised that you are not aware of what is going on to be honest.
    Gatts and chingleutsch like this.

dang it; news is that next protest will be held in HKIA, in Tung Chung.. stay safe everyone.
    As long as the police doesn't come crashing in it will be safe, don't worry.
    mokhi6 likes this.

Well for that price you can also consider Lai Chi Kok which is much closer to olympic and depending on where you live very 20-30 minutes door to door. I'm not sure why you need to go that far. Tin Sui Wai is definitely super far. Tung Chung is inconvenient for many things but at least it's on the same line.

mokhi6 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I'm really surprised that you are not aware of what is going on to be honest.
    Just a hunch but this person might be a victim of the propaganda machine. First reports on pro-Beijing channels of the Yuen Long terror attack were that "villagers were defending Yuen Long from protesters".

Back to the original topic ... one of the counterbalances to cheap rents in TSW is that (because of a virtual monopoly controlling commercial space) it has some of the most expensive market and supermarket prices in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    There are massive new apartment blocks above Nam Cheong station -- does anyone know when they're opening and how much?
    The new shopping mall in Nam Cheong, V-Walk, has it's grand opening this Friday 26th. It's owned by SHKP, the same owner as the Sha-Tin mall, and until the Yuen Long incident last weekend there were plans for protests at the opening. But these plans seem to have been shelved now that Yuen Long has taken priority.

The apartments above Nam Cheong are super expensive, Cullinan West 2. The Cullinan started out at Elements, Cullinan West moved to Olympic. Now West 2 is in Nam Cheong/Sham Shui Po. The whole area undergoing major transformation and not cheap at all anymore.

Still some great bargains in Tai Kok Tsui area. For the OP, I would recommend METRO HARBOUR VIEW. Smaller apartments in Olympic area, but a LOT cheaper than Harbour Green, Florient Rise and all the other major buildings nearby.
    Elegiaque and mokhi6 like this.