Dependent Visa - Proof of relationship

Closed Thread

Dependent Visa - Proof of relationship

Hi everyone -

I am in the process of applying for a dependent visa under my husband. I have most of what we need but am curious about the "proof of relationship" documents others have provided.

We have a marriage certificate and plenty of family photos, but is there anything else we should provide? We have utility accounts and a joint bank account back home and could provide that proof if needed but not sure if that would be overkill. Did anyone else provide this type of documentation? Or is the guidance really to just stick to what they have on the website:

"Photocopy of proof of the applicant's relationship with the sponsor, e.g. marriage certificate, birth certificate, family photographs, family letters (with envelopes), census record book and Privilege Card for Single Child (if applicable)"

Thanks!

A fair bit depends on the husband's situation - if he's here on a GEP visa and/or has a job which pays a decent wage - that whole middle class thing going on for him, then you're ok with a marriage certificate and few random documents.

The burden of proof is higher for brown people who might be attempting to bring in a dependant without having the means to support them.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    A fair bit depends on the husband's situation - if he's here on a GEP visa and/or has a job which pays a decent wage - that whole middle class thing going on for him, then you're ok with a marriage certificate and few random documents.

The burden of proof is higher for brown people who might be attempting to bring in a dependant without having the means to support them.
    We're in the first bucket so I'll plan to just submit what they ask on the website. Just hoping it doesn't get delayed if we provide less than others :-)

So you decided to get married? Congratulations

https://geoexpat.com/forum/26/thread...ml#post3628917

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    So you decided to get married? Congratulations

https://geoexpat.com/forum/26/thread...ml#post3628917
    We did, thank you!!!

When I applied earlier this year, I simply provided our marriage certificate and 3-4 pages of photos of us together as proof of relationship. I suppose that was enough, we got a visa without extra documentation or an interview.