Like Tree124Likes

British Consulate staff member, vanished

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Could someone clarify.... was he detained at the West Kowloon station? Meaning, under Hong Kong soil?

He was detained at border control in West Kowloon. There is no border control up until West Kowloon so he was still under Chinese jurisdiction.

(tweet)

Name:  EN2eacFU4AAh3Qw.png
Views: 173
Size:  33.5 KB

#BREAKING: Ex-UK consulate worker Simon Cheng suddenly declares to sever his relations with his family in Hong Kong and China after he was detained for 15 days in Shenzhen in Aug 2019. He has recently been revealing to the media how he was treated in detention.

From his statement, we could tell his family members living in Hong Kong and China have been receiving "external harassment and threat" allegedly from the authorities. But it is still not certain what his family has faced for the time being.

He said to the media that he saw #antiELAB protesters being sent to China for detention, interrogated and beaten by mainland authorities. There is no way the mainland authorities would confirm that, but if it was true, it would be a huge blow in "one country, two systems".

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Like Sir Gordon Wu said a while back ... "you kids are f'ed in the head if you think China needs an extradition law". Or something like that.
    I know someone like that. I don't think she is my friend anymore, at least not on FB ( I delete crazies like that). she is adamant that Xi is the best leader since Deng ( she wasn't even born then), that HKers are spoilt brats, but she was very worried that some official called her from the mainland a few years ago to say that she had to pay a postage fee for a parcel she sent to the mainland. This girl asked me if she would go to jail? I asked her if she had sent a package to the mainland. She said, no. So...go figure these types...

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7