Like Tree81Likes

Japan Airlines offers passengers a seat map to avoid babies on board – will others follow suit?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    But as expats you either never leave HK or you have to leave your young kids with a helper as you have no relatives here to help. Neither is very realistic.

I suggest people who have no children use the money they’re not spending on school fees to fly higher classes or private.
    Flying business or even first class is no guarantee of avoiding children. I always do for long haul and some of my worst experiences have been in Business class (see post earlier). I don't expect Economy to be child free!

Original Post Deleted
    Its still a choice, and the way you word it just shows a bias. Theres positives to not having children and positives to not travelling with children.

It's also not a right to fly and visit extended family. It's just a nice to have. Otherwise, how do we help those who can't afford it? There are plenty of families (e.g. immigrants) who may not be able to afford taking kids to see their relatives. I won't go into the right to have children, because i feel that issue is a lot more complicated.

Its also a choice for passengers to fly amongst other children and families as well. Thats why i applaud this seatmap plan because it gives ppl the information to choose to avoid that section of the plane.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

For those who chose not to have kids, by getting on a plane you still chose to engage in society, and society has kids whether you like it or not. So if you don't want to be around kids, dont get on a plane in the first place, and don't do anything else in society either for that matter.

TheBrit, Skyhook, pin and 1 others like this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5