Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By hannah01

Requirements: Withdrawing MPF

Closed Thread

Requirements: Withdrawing MPF

anyone knows the requirements for getting/ transferring MPF funds to your bank account if:

- you just want to
    - Change employer
    - left HK for Good!

I remember a friend of mine got his MPF even though he din't leave HK for good but he said that it was a one time offer.
    i guess now is a good time to get the MPF? Yes? No?

Quote Originally Posted by mengfei:
    I remember a friend of mine got his MPF even though he din't leave HK for good but he said that it was a one time offer.
    Did that at a previous employer. If you can demonstrate that you have something equivalent to MPF if your home country, and would thus be paying twice to have MPF in HK, you can withdraw your MPF funds. Did that with a previous employer, as they were in a bit of a cash flow bind and needed money...I got my porition of contributions, but they kept theirs...

You can only withdraw your MPF if you are 65 years old or leaving Hong Kong AND sure to never seek employment here again, or have a terminal illness that will not allow for you to brr Ed employed again or accident that caused a disability that does not let you work any longer .

Quote Originally Posted by ilaria:
    AND sure to never seek employment here again

Wrong.You're allowed to work again. And the new employer will enrol you again in an MPF scheme. The thing is, under no circumstances are you allowed to take your fund out for the second time. You will have to wait until 65. I sent a barge of inquiries to MPFA until they solved all my doubts as I was withdrawing mine for the first time(hence, this answer).
    shri, traineeinvestor, dfc and 2 others like this.

thanks for the info, i'm 55 & still working here in china but not so sure next year as a lot of our BU's have transferred out & even our vendors are opening shops across the pond.

I can't wait till i'm 65! really 65? Not eve sure if ever i'll live that long, will get back on you on that one lol
    so i'm thinking next year would be a good time for me to pull out & just work from home as a Virtual Assistant ;-)

anyone living off their MPF nowadays?