Like Tree54Likes

Unpaid Personal loan in Hongkong

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10

Quote Originally Posted by amarayuki:
    the remaining balance that i have if im not mistaken 18k but in the leeter they send to my home address as of may it grow to 24k.
    This is likely because of fees and interest. FWIW these are _not_ set in stones. The bank (or more likely by now, the collections agency) is looking to get as much money from you as they can. If you can save up money corresponding to a meaningful fraction of the original loan, it might be possible to get them to settle. E.g., you tell them that you could ask a friend for 15k, but of course this is meaningless if their fees already made the outstanding debt 30k. So you'd only do this if they would forgive the remaining amount. I think there are organisations in HK that help domestic helpers with financial issues - try to speak to one of them. Given how you seem not very well informed on financial matters it would massively help to get proper advice from someone with hands on experience.

Hello,
    im in the same situation here. Could you tell me what happen after all this years with your problem on loan? I was also contacted by a lady in Facebook claiming that I need to pay for my debt. It has been 18 year and my friend used the money and did not pay. Could you tell me the clauses on the contract signed by you and the bank?

Hello, what happen to your loan now? I have the same problem. Could you please send me the clauses in the contract cause I could not find mine? I need to consult a solicitor to discuss my options. Thank you.

Hello, I have the same situation. Could you possibly send me “clauses “ of the contract cause mine is already nowhere to be found as it is 18 years ago. I need to consult to a solicitor but she needed the “clauses” to be able to advice me.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie1627:
    Hello,
    im in the same situation here. Could you tell me what happen after all this years with your problem on loan? I was also contacted by a lady in Facebook claiming that I need to pay for my debt. It has been 18 year and my friend used the money and did not pay. Could you tell me the clauses on the contract signed by you and the bank?
    just ignore and block that person who is contacting you. no way can they chase you for a bad loan from 18 years ago. after 7 years this bad debt is cancelled, it may remain on your credit score but they will not chase you anymore for it.

I did ask a solicitor though. He mentioned that due to the existence of statute of limitation, the bank need to protect themselves and include clauses in the contract to get away with it. But since 18 years has past, I couldn’t show her the clauses that included in my contract. That is why I need the contract from her just to check. If it is the same loan company. There might be similarity.

I understand cause I’m on the same booth. This was 18 years back. Could you at least tell me the clauses of your contract? I asked the solicitor. And yeah, my advice do pay your loan, I’m talking from experience.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10