Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Firemin

Are there any Rugby Clubs that play on a Sunday

Closed Thread

Are there any Rugby Clubs that play on a Sunday

Hi there,

My nephew moved to HK a few months ago and has played rugby for years in Wales. Sadly his working schedule is pretty crazy and he doesn't finish until 6.30pm way up in Shek Mun and also works Saturdays. Are there any clubs that play close to that area during the week and any games done on a Sunday. He's finding it quite a challenge not being able to play his favourite sport. Cheers Shells

There are quite a few rugby clubs in HK. The biggest are Hong Kong Football Club (Happy Valley); HKU Sandy Bay (Pokfulam) and Valley Fort (Happy Valley / Stanley), but there are numerous smaller/local teams all over the territory. Most of these do (kids) training on Sundays, not sure whether they also do adults then.

The Hong Kong Rugby Union website is probably a good place to start.

shri likes this.

Hi Firemin,

Thanks so much. Yes, he was with a club in Happy Valley before his work schedule changed. I'll take another look though,

Cheers Shells

The general, unwritten rule amongst youth sports in Hong Kong has been football on Saturday and rugby on Sunday. While a few clubs step over that line, by and large most that I've seen have followed these guidelines.