Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Rob2020
  • 1 Post By ToBeHKorNot

If IRD has no reporting of non-HK accounts (unlike USA), how would IRD know I own a Belize/BVI etc. company?

Closed Thread

If IRD has no reporting of non-HK accounts (unlike USA), how would IRD know I own a Belize/BVI etc. company?

Asking for a friend...my friend and I had a debate about how IRD audits people who avoids taxes. My friend lives in HK and is thinking about setting up an online business (drop shipping or affiliate marketing). If he setups a non-HK company in BVI or Seychelles and then opens a fintech bank account (Neat for example), how would IRD know that he was generating income? If IRD doesn't find out and they don't have reporting requirements like the USA, what are the chances of my friend getting caught? Obviously, he hasn't setup the non-HK company nor does he plan to at the moment, but just curious about this...

Ok then. That resolves it. So, I just Googled "BVI HK and CRS" and the IRD website popped up and reporting for BVI/Belize begins this year...2020. Thanks again...

Rob2020 likes this.