Like Tree310Likes

Coronavirus and your Portfolio

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Not part of my portfolio but an indication of how widespread the economic effects of coronavirus outbreak could be when even beer sales are being effected. (FWIW, my alcohol consumption has gone up over the last few weeks.)

However, it appears that the outbreak of a virus is not the only thing damaging Carlsberg's revenues:

"The company is especially exposed to a slowdown in Asia, where a new drunk-driving law in Vietnam is also weighing on sales."

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/con...urb-beer-sales
    I have a friend who works for a premium spirits distillery . . . he says while alcohol sales have been up in aggregate, the class of booze has shifted. People are spending on quantity rather than quality. Some of that has to do with drinking shifting from restaurants/bars to the home.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Dividend and value investors still feeling the pain.

MAGA investors have done very well.
    Yeah. It's growth, growth, growth. Very little middle ground for making your money work with interest rates under the bootheel of the Fed. Hat a chat with my money guy yesterday. They're pretty bullish. Had a chat with the smartest guy I know with regards to money and he's gung ho large cap for medium-long term.