View Poll Results: With the virus in town when do you wash your - Honetslyhands?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obsessed - all the time with hand sanitiser

13 26.53%
  • Before I eat

38 77.55%
  • When I get home

39 79.59%
  • When I get to the office

29 59.18%
  • Before meeting friends

11 22.45%
  • After meeting friends

11 22.45%
  • When I get off public transport

25 51.02%
  • After going to the shops

20 40.82%
  • After I go to the toilet

38 77.55%
  • Before bed

22 44.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree75Likes

When do you wash your hands

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    This! I have always wondered whether then extreme hygiene thing is a good idea in the long run. I’ve always felt that HK folk seem to be quite sickly (based on my experience of work colleagues) and I have wondered if this is a result of too much concern about health and hygiene post SARs
    I'm sure of it. I don't fuss at all (normally) about this extreme hygiene, I've always thought that exposing my immune system to a few bugs was the best way of keeping it working well. I drink water out of the tap; if food falls on the floor I will often just pick it up and eat it anyway (it does depend on the food and where it falls, obviously). If my bread or jam has a little mold on it, I pull the affected bits away and eat the rest. And I still do all of the above, but i am more carefull about washing hands after being out in public (particularly on buses and MTR where I have to hang on to poles). And I am holding fewer handrails walking down stairs and on escalators......

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    The Siu Mei or Chinese BBQ person at the Fairwood I used to go to did that all the time. Guy would come out from some back room doing who knows what, touch the door, sweep something and then proceed to cut meat and use the same blue glove to pack rice.
    And yet you kept eating there?!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    This! I have always wondered whether then extreme hygiene thing is a good idea in the long run. I’ve always felt that HK folk seem to be quite sickly (based on my experience of work colleagues) and I have wondered if this is a result of too much concern about health and hygiene post SARs
    I think it's lack of exercise and sun for a lot of HKers actually. Very normal for my kids (kindy age) to have classmates whose parents don't allow them to play outside.

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    Just bring a box of gloves and dispose after touchng something.
    No need to ignore issues around single use items, a biodegradable disinfectant tissue does the job.

Maskmania- a surgical mask can catch sneeze droplets >300nm in size. Covid-19 is 100nm diameter Masks are intended to stop the WEARER from spreading virus to others They are not an effective airborne virus catcher n95 masks have a better seal but are not suited for wearing all day. A doctor in China stated he caught Covid-19 through his eyes and a report was issued already on occular transmission of the virus. HKU is investigating the fecal oral transmissibility of the virus especially in squat toilets with viral plumes - using the extractor in the loo whilst making a deposit causes a low pressure area and a viral plume- the major contact methods of this virus are -eating from the same trough where infected persons partake (see the 9 family members hotpot case) - fomite contact ,lift buttons. door handles, MTR escalator rails, MTR handrails, infected surfaces, mobile phones are major harbingers of virus that people put next to their faces THEN touching your face. A NSW report shows on average people involuntarily touch or scratch their face 23 times per hour hence ingress via eyes, nose and mouth. Touching a mask exterior that has droplets on it then touching your face is another transmission method - hence frequent handwashing is the best solution To put the virus size in perspective, the dangerous PM2.5 (2.5 microns um) enter our nose and lungs unhindered- 2.5 microns equates to 2,500 nm Nanometers- the Covid-19 is 100nm diameter If you have to sneeze then do it inside your crooked elbow

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    "Fifteen October is Global Handwashing Day. By which we don't mean: wait until then to lather up your paws. "
    NIce. Good title too, I have some Dutch friends that may like this
    Cornmeal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dynamco:
    Maskmania- a surgical mask can catch sneeze droplets >300nm in size. Covid-19 is 100nm diameter Masks are intended to stop the WEARER from spreading virus to others They are not an effective airborne virus catcher n95 masks have a better seal but are not suited for wearing all day. A doctor in China stated he caught Covid-19 through his eyes and a report was issued already on occular transmission of the virus. HKU is investigating the fecal oral transmissibility of the virus especially in squat toilets with viral plumes - using the extractor in the loo whilst making a deposit causes a low pressure area and a viral plume- the major contact methods of this virus are -eating from the same trough where infected persons partake (see the 9 family members hotpot case) - fomite contact ,lift buttons. door handles, MTR escalator rails, MTR handrails, infected surfaces, mobile phones are major harbingers of virus that people put next to their faces THEN touching your face. A NSW report shows on average people involuntarily touch or scratch their face 23 times per hour hence ingress via eyes, nose and mouth. Touching a mask exterior that has droplets on it then touching your face is another transmission method - hence frequent handwashing is the best solution To put the virus size in perspective, the dangerous PM2.5 (2.5 microns um) enter our nose and lungs unhindered- 2.5 microns equates to 2,500 nm Nanometers- the Covid-19 is 100nm diameter If you have to sneeze then do it inside your crooked elbow
    Are you suggesting Covid-19 leeches from your lungs in a pure form of the Virus? I would guess most of it is carried on much larger droplets associated with coughing and sneezing - hence the masks.

Any references for this pure only form of Covid-19 lung leeching?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4