Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hongkong7
  • 1 Post By chuckster007

Other Options for Internet in New Apartment - HKT 8MB/sec

Closed Thread

Red face Other Options for Internet in New Apartment - HKT 8MB/sec

Hi!

I am moving into a new apartment, and my current service provider (HKT) can only provide 8MB/sec in the new flat. I think this will be too slow (would love any insight into this...), and am wondering if there are other decent options for home internet.

Does anyone have any experience with other options like SIM wifi, Egg, or other service providers? I'm technologically challenged and am hoping some guru out there can enlighten me.

Thanks so much!

-Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Vsn44:
    Hi!

I am moving into a new apartment, and my current service provider (HKT) can only provide 8MB/sec in the new flat. I think this will be too slow (would love any insight into this...), and am wondering if there are other decent options for home internet.

Does anyone have any experience with other options like SIM wifi, Egg, or other service providers? I'm technologically challenged and am hoping some guru out there can enlighten me.

Thanks so much!

-Virginia
    Bitter experience it's way too slow and it will drive you mad even trying to save files photos to cloud : watch you tube : check work e mail nothing special it just freezes and takes forever : so you spend all your time at pacific coffee just to use proper internet : OK I am now contract free from netvigator : my building has Hong Kong broadband network which is fast and cheap : check your building address on line at their site to see if available
    shri likes this.

Ah thank you Hongkong7! This is really helpful. I’ll look into Hong Kong broadband as an option.

Also take a look at iCable - they provide decent enough service across HK and have been known to get into buildings which HKT/PCCW will not touch.

go to nearby MTR stations or walk around and see if u can find the agents on the road sides that do internet, see which ones provides internet to your building. some older buildings you will have no choice but to get shafted by PCCW as that will be the only internet line available unless u go the 3/4g sim router route which is more expensive and not unlimited.

shri likes this.