Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By shri
  • 3 Post By pin
  • 1 Post By GettingFIREd

Has anyone tried HSBC Expat?

Closed Thread

Has anyone tried HSBC Expat?

I've been looking for alternatives to IB to diversity my brokerage choice. I need a platform that allows purchase of UK-listed ETFs, which made the choices limited. Have looked into Saxo, Swissquote and Internaxx but they are quite expensive. Just now I found HSBC Expat which I haven't seen being discussed on the forum. Its website claims that they offer ETFs traded in UK and charge a flat fee of GBP14.95 for orders placed online. There are no annual management or inactivity fees. The fees are almost as good as IB. Has anyone tried it? Seems too good to be true... Any hidden fees I didn't notice?
    https://www.expat.hsbc.com/content/d...aling-faqs.pdf

Aakash123 likes this.

GettingFIREd and Aakash123 like this.

Forgot to mention do ask any specific questions, a few of us have set it up and are using it.

Also do have a look at DBS Treasures.

For reference we have Internaxx, Saxo, IB, HSBC Expat and I am in the process of setting up DBS Treasures.

Each have their pros and cons.

shri, Aakash123 and Kowloon72 like this.

Following. In the same boat as you @GettingFIREd

If you are a US resident have a look at Schwab Global, charges are only £9 per online trade and you get access to all major markets as well. US, UK, HK, AU etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Forgot to mention do ask any specific questions, a few of us have set it up and are using it.

Also do have a look at DBS Treasures.

For reference we have Internaxx, Saxo, IB, HSBC Expat and I am in the process of setting up DBS Treasures.

Each have their pros and cons.
    Hi @pin.

Curious about your experience with HSBC Expat and DBS Treasures.

1. In terms of ongoing fees, dividend collection, etc. is one better than the other?

2. Do you what type of account protections they have? i.e. Interactive Brokers are protected by ICF, which compensates a max of HKD 500k in case of your broker going bust. Any idea what protection banks like DBS and HSBC Expat have in case of defaulting?