Like Tree47Likes

Covid-19: Sending Packages by International Courier

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by bloggs:
    I've experienced some significant delays with Speedpost recently, similar to those mentioned by other users, so thought I'd try a courier service which at least has its own aircraft...

I used the app recommended by Proplus called 'Spaceship' which showed a selection of shipping options. I was sending 200 masks to the UK, so chose FedEx (recommended by the app) - they picked up from my flat on Mon 6th at 1pm and even provided an envelope for the masks. I just had to print out the five pages of shipping labels & accompanying paperwork. The total charge was $360.

According to the tracker, the masks will be delivered in the UK today.
    Re. Spaceship HK, do shipping labels have to be printed on adhesive paper or is regular A4 paper ok? And can you use inkjet printer or does it have to be laser printer? For 100 pcs of masks, is an envelope ok or a small parcel? Spaceship HK's Envelope is 33 x 23 x 1 cm, Small parcel is 39 x 30 x 5 cm.

Would appreciate any info as I'm a complete noob. Never sent packages overseas before. Was considering Speedpost initially as it is cheaper but with the recent delays, seems like courier companies like DHL or Fedex may be needed for faster shipment. But I saw the queue at DHL Central MTR in recent 2 days and they were really long. Thought about pick up from home but it is much more expensive. Then checked out Spaceship HK and it is quoting this service at decent rates using Fedex for $3xx+ to UK.

Quote Originally Posted by hkgcat:
    Re. Spaceship HK, do shipping labels have to be printed on adhesive paper or is regular A4 paper ok? And can you use inkjet printer or does it have to be laser printer? For 100 pcs of masks, is an envelope ok or a small parcel? Spaceship HK's Envelope is 33 x 23 x 1 cm, Small parcel is 39 x 30 x 5 cm.

Would appreciate any info as I'm a complete noob. Never sent packages overseas before. Was considering Speedpost initially as it is cheaper but with the recent delays, seems like courier companies like DHL or Fedex may be needed for faster shipment. But I saw the queue at DHL Central MTR in recent 2 days and they were really long. Thought about pick up from home but it is much more expensive. Then checked out Spaceship HK and it is quoting this service at decent rates using Fedex for $3xx+ to UK.
    The labels and packing slips came as a PDF package which I downloaded and printed on non-adhesive (normal A4) printer paper. The FedEx guy just collected all of the paperwork, and took it with the masks in the envelope. For 100 masks the envelope is certainly fine; I sent 200 but removed them from their boxes first.
    hkgcat likes this.

Hong Kong Post suspending Speedpost to UK and USA due to lack of flights

https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...0040900213.htm

Editor, hkgcat and bloggs like this.

Any updates on this? I sent a parcel normal post to the UK in March, it arrived yesterday. I would like to send another ... 2 weeks is OK, 2 months not to much! Any suggestions of the optimal price/speed these days?

I tried Spaceship as well and the whole process was smooth and fast. Made a booking online on Monday, received email with the invoices and lables to be printed for shipment, they came and pick up on Tuesday, and package was delivered yesterday (Thurs) in London. You can choose different couriers on the website and the price is different per courier. I chose Skynet for mine and it costs $372. Fedex/DHL would be more expensive, but definitely cheaper than just sending it directly with Fedex/DHL.

z754103 likes this.

OK - so I tried Spaceship too. I signed up, organised the package, got the confirmation through straight away (200g package to the UK, 177 HKD with skynet). Printed it all out and left it at reception the following day which was the booked day for collection. Nobody came. I emailed and texted them and they appeared to have no clue what was going on. I spoke to reception the following day and they said it was collected that afternoon, so I let spaceship know it was ok now. They kept sending texts about when it would be collected. I forgot about it and yesterday it was delivered. So 8 day total. I would probably use it again, because it did work, after a fashion!

Did anyone here have any experienced about the status 'Shipment Infomation Has Been Received' by DHL of which been stucked up for two days now.

Result Summary

Waybill: 6587412075Shipment information receivedSign up for shipment notifications Tuesday, June 02, 2020 at 00:10Origin Service Area:HONG KONG - KWAI CHUNG - HONG KONGDestination Service Area:PENANG - PULAU PINANG - MALAYSIA 1 Piece

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 Location Time Piece
    1 Shipment information received HONG KONG - HONG KONG 00:10

I did contact DHL Hong Kong.DHL told me that they didn't received my package yet.It's J-Net who is going to pass my package to DHL.Anyone here have a bad experience with J-Net or DHL Hong Kong?.Please let me know.Thanks.

If I send a package via surface mail to Shenzhen, Hong Kong post officially says it takes 2-3 weeks. But is that really true in reality?

Does anyone have experience with that?

Forget SF Express -- huge waste of time.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5