Recommendations for Individual Health Insurance - TCM

Closed Thread

Recommendations for Individual Health Insurance - TCM

Does anyone have recommendations for individual health insurance policies with extensive coverage on Traditional Chinese Medicine outpatient benefits? I have had policies by my employers that offered HKD 500 max per visits, which is barely enough. I also had another policy by another employer that offered approx. USD 1,500 per policy year (co-payment of 20% by the patient) but these were barely enough. The doctor that I go to charge over HKD 700 just for consultation, and of course with the added cost for the actual medicines, I need a better coverage. Appreciate your comments!

Hey Liorn,
    HKD 500 per visit / USD 1,500 per policy year is rather generous in the Hong Kong as you know Chinese Medicine can cost a fortune.
    Of course, i am sure medical provide can provide a better coverage consider an increase in premium.

Doctors that are charging HKD 700 for consultation is on the high side, did you consider changing doctors instead?

Hey aaron1728,

Thanks for the reply. I do quite like my Chinese doc, knowing this is on the expensive side.

My current provider does not offer better coverage for TCM even if I pay more premium, and this is why I am open to other insurance providers as long as they have better TCM coverage.