Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckster007
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By chuckster007

Room Rent

Closed Thread

Post Room Rent

I found someone that who will take over my lease in my room. One month advance + Monthly rent. Could somebody tell me, what is usually the procedure of this so I have an idea. Thanks a lot.

is subletting allowed is the 1st question. who has actually signed the lease with the landlord. what did you sign to rent the room.

shri likes this.

What chuckster says.

Seems like you're in a subdivided unit? Best to hand over the new tenant to the landlord and figure out how you can get out of your lease and get back your deposit. If you just rent it to someone on your own and the landlord does not allow it, you'll lose your deposit and the new tenant can be denied access to their room.

(Am generally unfamiliar with the sub divided flat rental agreements... but this is what I've seen on some posts in the forum.)

chuckster007 likes this.

Ah subdivided unit

1. Inform your landlord that you have found someone to take over the contract and check if they are ok for someone to sign new agreement
    2. get confirmation its ok and you will get your deposit back etc
    3. Introduce new tenant with LL to sign new lease
    4. Get LL to check your room so that there is no deduction on deposit when handing over
    5. Hand over keys only when you have your deposit in your hand. best to get cash, no cheques

Hope it all works out, all the best.

shri likes this.