Like Tree27Likes

Stanley Ho - Passes away @ 98...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I think Stanley Ho is my long-lost father, I am entitled to a share of the estate. We don't look alike but genes can be tricky. Worth a shot, I can be bought off pretty cheaply, a few million and I will never bother the estate again...

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Life is weird .. Stanley Ho dies .. SJM stock up 7.5%

I blinked and for a second the 0880 stock price was 8.88 ...
    Shun Tak (242) up over 20%.

Possibly speculating there will be some reshuffling of ownership?
    shri likes this.

https://www.ft.com/content/09e6363d-9fe3-46a4-80db-2a84c6feee54

With little money but a wealth of family connections, the bilingual Ho thrived. In the interview, he recalled studying Japanese with an Imperial Army officer — a Colonel Sawa — and teaching him English in neighbouring Zhuhai; battling South China Sea pirates during trading runs to Free China; and, after the war, circumventing the UN’s Korean war blockade on communist China.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    I think Stanley Ho is my long-lost father, I am entitled to a share of the estate. We don't look alike but genes can be tricky. Worth a shot, I can be bought off pretty cheaply, a few million and I will never bother the estate again...
    If I am not mistaken, most of his assets were divided 9 years ago. There was, as you expect, a struggle among his family members for his fortune. Ho was even alleged at one point to be "kidnapped" by some of his offsprings and forced to sign a will. Nobody outside his family knows the accuracy of these stories, but Ho later publicly rejected any will he signed. That triggered another round of squabbling until a non-disclosure agreement was reached.

How his estate is distributed is thus a secret. But I suppose we can always guess...

Elefant&Castle likes this.

She is no beauty queen - Jabba the Hutt could be the father. Wonder where that picture was taken - not locally given the warm clothes she and others are wearing.

Original Post Deleted
    Perhaps she could use some of her inheritance to buy a mirror.

Not surprised at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:
    She is no beauty queen - Jabba the Hutt could be the father. Wonder where that picture was taken - not locally given the warm clothes she and others are wearing.
    No, it could have taken place locally if it was winter. There are days cold enough to warrant that clothing during the cooler months.