Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mrgoodkat
  • 1 Post By Coolboy
  • 1 Post By chuckster007

Boat from Sai Kung to Long Ke Wan

Closed Thread

Boat from Sai Kung to Long Ke Wan

Once this rain finally stops I want to take my kids to Long Ke Wan to camp overnight.

We've been before but I always find the walk back to the road a bit of a pain the next day. I know there are boats that you can charter from Sai Kung but I've never done this.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to rent a sampan from Sai Kung pier to Long Ke Wan, and how easy it is to do if you can't speak Cantonese?

Love to hear anyone has done this and whether you would or would not recommend it!

There are plenty of sampans at Sai Kung pier, they each have tents with the stop written on them. Long Ke Wan, Ham Tin etc. Ham Tin is around $150 one way per person. I think Long Ke Wan is more expensive because less boats go there, most people take the taxi.

Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    There are plenty of sampans at Sai Kung pier, they each have tents with the stop written on them. Long Ke Wan, Ham Tin etc. Ham Tin is around $250 per person. I think Long Ke Wan is more expensive because less boats go there, most people take the taxi.
    Went there last month on a Sunday, there were speedboats ferrying passengers to Long Ke like almost every 30-45 mins. But that was on a weekend of course.

As for the place itself, the quality of the sand rivals that of the nearby Tai Long Wan. Long Ke is definitely one of the best beaches in HK:

mrgoodkat likes this.

I’ve always found it quite easy getting boats from Sai Kung, most seem to understand basic English. Just wander along and ask a few.

Thanks guys, I'll go down and have a go!

some good info at the middle regarding the speedboats

https://droneandslr.com/travel-blog/...-wan-sai-kung/

Coolboy likes this.