Like Tree10Likes

Can non-residents of either HK or Macau who are in HK travel to Macau now?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by kittykaitak:
    How can buses run if you need to quarantine either side? Seems odd that there could be enough passangers to warrant the resumption.
    This one seem to be working
    https://www.hzmb.gov.hk/en/transport...-boundary.html

thank you. this seems to be so unfair to treat people based on their passport rather than their travel history...

Pauljoecoe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mou-ming:
    I just called the immigration department of Macau and they told me that all nationals except Hong Kong, Taiwan, and China are banned from entering Macau regardless of where they're coming from. Exemption is Hong Kong PRs.
    Us Non permanent residents discriminated against yet again. Wonder what the logic behindthis decision is?

Yah I know, it's screwed up. Why would Macau do that. Not sure if the same goes to Hong Kong. I know some countries banned Hong Kong for the mere fact that it's in close proximity to PRC and that it's technically part of PRC. Yet Hong Kong is doing the best of all countries in terms of managing the virus. So sick of this passport-borders-nationality xenophobia and restrictions.

Yah I know, it's screwed up. Why would Macau do that. Not sure if the same goes to Hong Kong. I know some countries banned Hong Kong for the mere fact that it's in close proximity to PRC and that it's technically part of PRC. Yet Hong Kong is doing the best of all countries in terms of managing the virus. So sick of this passport-borders-nationality xenophobia and restrictions.
    What are they doing? HK residents entering Macau must undergo 14 days mandatory quarantine at a government facility. Chinese residents from Guangdong don't have to. It's totally the fault of the Hong Kong government for not getting their shit together and creating a travel zone with Macau and Guangdong. Every Macau resident entering HK has to undergo 14 days quarantine, only fair to have Macau reciprocate that.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    What are they doing? HK residents entering Macau must undergo 14 days mandatory quarantine at a government facility. Chinese residents from Guangdong don't have to. It's totally the fault of the Hong Kong government for not getting their shit together and creating a travel zone with Macau and Guangdong. Every Macau resident entering HK has to undergo 14 days quarantine, only fair to have Macau reciprocate that.
    I was referring to this (see below) which suggests they are treating HK passport holders differently to HK residents which have other passports. The point being that if both have been living here and have no other travel history why should they be treated differently. ( Quarantine conditions aside)
    I just called the immigration department of Macau and they told me that all nationals except Hong Kong, Taiwan, and China are banned from entering Macau regardless of where they're coming from. Exemption is Hong Kong PRs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    I was referring to this (see below) which suggests they are treating HK passport holders differently to HK residents which have other passports. The point being that if both have been living here and have no other travel history why should they be treated differently. ( Quarantine conditions aside)
    I saw that. I haven't called Macau immigration, but the official notice on the Macau government website makes no mention of that. All persons who have traveled to Hong Kong or Taiwan within the last 14 days are lumped in together. There is no mention of PR or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Have to say HK has been doing poorly comparing to Macau or China...that's what caused this forever travel restrictions. The government is also too lazy to create tiered travel types.

If anyone is certain that foreign passport holders (not China/TW/HK) with work VISA in HK with HKID (CX symbol) can go to Macau, please let me know.

Non resident can enter Macao with HK PR spouse for example, just need to provide marriage certificate.

mou-ming likes this.