Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 2 Post By aquaman
  • 1 Post By vmlinuz
  • 1 Post By flameproof

Re : combined both ocean park with Disney land suggestions by Junius Ho

Closed Thread

Re : combined both ocean park with Disney land suggestions by Junius Ho

I know Junius Ho / 何君堯 (pro government political with strong rural committee links) is not so nice person maybe even triad associate as well, but his suggestion make does make some sense, disneyland is only 50% occupied it's allocated land, the other 50% not being used, ocean park does not have any more land due to its location, both are owned by the gov, why not combined both together and moved the rides from ocean park to Disneyland, what do you think? Could be even called Disney - Ocean Hong Kong (Joke, a poor portmanteau).

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/ch/compone...0-20200529.htm

Think about the logistical costs ... not to mention legal issues with licensing and contracts.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Disney does live animals anywhere in the world.

We did have a random conversation about turning Ocean Park into a mall + residential + commercial complex. I suspect this would clash with the current development in Wong Chuk Hang..

Just another random construction project in my opinion.... like you know.. bridges and museums.

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Think about the logistical costs ... not to mention legal issues with licensing and contracts.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Disney does live animals anywhere in the world.

We did have a random conversation about turning Ocean Park into a mall + residential + commercial complex. I suspect this would clash with the current development in Wong Chuk Hang..

Just another random construction project in my opinion.... like you know.. bridges and museums.
    logistical cost and scale is that bad, after all, parts of bridges for ngong shun/stone cutters bridge and submerge tunnels travelled via barges along the victoria harbour.

I am not sure about live animals, it's possible that as Disney land is a licence, they could change the name and theme to something else, such as McDull Land so there is no conflict with disney licence and keep the zoo aspect

Quote Originally Posted by shri:

animal kingdom in orlando
    shri and imparanoic like this.

logistical cost and scale is that bad, after all, parts of bridges for ngong shun/stone cutters bridge and submerge tunnels travelled via barges along the victoria harbour.
    Cool... project approved.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman:
    animal kingdom in orlando
    Completely forgot about that!

imparanoic likes this.

Wonderful idea! I suggest to make it even more attractive with food trucks!

HK_Katherine likes this.