Like Tree88Likes

2020 June+ Work Visa Processing Time

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Not just countries, seems certain professions and experience levels are being looked at more carefully.
    What professions are being processed faster/slower?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt30:
    What professions are being processed faster/slower?
    "Sensitive" professions are markedly slower right now - from anecdotal evidence. Media / NGO / Academics ....

Submitted 15th Oct. GEP with family as dependent.
    Multiple nationalities and company transfer.

Queried IMMD at 4 weeks, case officer said no additional documents needed.

Coming to 6 weeks. *fingers crossed*

Really basic transfer between two companies in the same group... just over 6 weeks

I will just share my experience

I went to immigration tower last 27th of November for extension of my GEP working visa. I submitted all the required documents, my case officer told me the supporting letter is so complicated. They've asked me to submit the revise supporting letter on December 4th at the same time and day my case officer said will get my working visa label. So fast and efficient.

What is the proof of working experience? Is it like a reference letter issued by HR stating applicant's name, position and employment period?

Effective December 2, 2020 - Govt work arrangement announced

Aside from those providing emergency and essential public services, all other government employees will work from home starting December 2.

It said the move was made in view of the severity of the local COVID-19 epidemic situation and measures must be taken to significantly reduce the flow of people and social contacts to stop the virus from spreading in the community.

The measure will be implemented for two weeks until December 15.

So for all of us still waiting, expect at least an additional 2-3 weeks of delays...

@ Katherine1.1

"What is the proof of working experience? Is it like a reference letter issued by HR stating applicant's name, position and employment period?"

Yes, that should suffice. I submitted a resume at first and "proof of working experience" was asked. My supervisor wrote and signed a short letter, with company letterhead etc., stating my employment timeline and that was fine. I'm sure something from HR is even better.

If in the GEP application form is written that the date when work start is on 12 January and if the ImmD doesn’t issue visa by this time, does it mean that visa will be automatically rejected?

Hello everyone, my company recently applied a GEP visa for me about 2 weeks ago. I saw on some threads that the magic number is 20k monthly salary for it to approve. My company only offered me 14k.... what are the chances of being rejected? I'm from Canada if that makes any difference.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14