Like Tree7Likes

Extension of stay / Renewal of General Employment Policy Visa

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

No idea. The officer gave me the slip with the date and I expressed surprise that it wasn't being issued on the spot and he told me that it would take until the date on the card.

It could have something to do with my nationality (ZA) but he didn't make any mention of that.

*shrug*

Same happened with me last year’s GEP renewal visa around June/July. They allowed to apply only 1 month in advance and required 3 weeks to process it.

Follow-up question on this:

No news is good/bad news?

Appointment 21 August, visa collection date September 7 and haven't heard anything from Immigration (Status: in progress through the online portal)

For those of you that have been through this recently, did you receive any comms/indication of progress or just show up on your date and get your visa?

TIA

I received my GEP visa after about 4 weeks. My workplace submitted it and handled all the paperwork for me though.

Thanks. Mine is an extension, just wondering if the norm is to receive communication between your appointment/submission and date of collection.

Not unless you want a delay and a requirement to submit more documents. Relax and don’t expect handholding from immd, they aren’t Amazon.

Guys I'm due to extend my GEP do I need to submit my application right on the mark of 4 weeks before expiry or can I submit earlier?

4 weeks. You may try to make a reservation online, it won't allow you to book any date earlier than 4 weeks I think.

match_d likes this.

That is correct, when you're making the appointment it only shows you dates from 4 weeks before your limit of stay is up so you can't apply in person any earlier.

Update on my situation: appointment to collect was tomorrow but was walking past Immigration Tower this morning so gave it a crack. Waited for around an hour and left with my new visa. Appointment 21 Aug, got visa 6 Sep. Happy days.

One tip to share is that as I mentioned previously I was asked to resubmit my letter from employer with it specifically addressed to The HK Immigration dept, which I did. That letter went missing though and wasn't in my file this morning, but thankfully I'd gotten them to stamp a copy of the letter as proof of receipt. So if you submit any other docs either have a duplicate original or take a copy that they will stamp to confirm receipt.

And thanks again @asianexpat0

match_d and AsianXpat0 like this.