Like Tree447Likes

National Security Law - Passed - 30th June 2020

Closed Thread
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 34 39 40 41 42

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Twitter is not showing on geoexpat again.
    @shri is more occupied with winning Mark Six then fixing the site
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    @shri is more occupied with winning Mark Six then fixing the site
    This one is not me.... Links with mobile.twitter don't seem to be renderibgm
    mrgoodkat likes this.

and that's just the start, HK will slowly lose their western companies with HQ here.
    Coolboy likes this.

Yes, because we shouldn’t be forced to listen to drivel from those holding power over us. Excellent line of thought indeed. Maybe a bit subversive though Tommy.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ts-become-wary

Alice* was working in a public-facing civilian job in one of Hong Kong’s disciplined services when she was transferred last year to the back office of another government department after her bosses received anonymous complaints about her.

The abrupt move caught her by surprise. She said she had only shared a news article about a police raid following the introduction of the national security law
    last June, without adding any comments of her own.

“I was told that my personal beliefs might affect my performance at work, but that’s ridiculous,” she said.
    The oath requirement is part of ongoing efforts by the authorities to ensure that only “patriots” run Hong Kong, but it has also encouraged snitching and apple-polishing at the workplace, the insiders and organisers said.
    So far, 129 civil servants who refused to take their oath as of April 1 face dismissal, as the government has made clear it has lost confidence in their ability to discharge their duties.

At least six were from the Information Services Department, an insider said, adding that some had resigned in protest at being made to take the oath.
    A senior AO at a bureau said the new Beijing-decreed principle of “patriots governing Hong Kong” had led some of his peers to become aggressive in seeking promotion by demonstrating their political allegiance

“They make huge efforts to guess what Beijing prefers, even when dealing with local policies unrelated to the mainland,” he said.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ar-association

Interesting. It all sounds very healthy, and a rational use of not overly draconian laws as espoused by the supporters of rule by law.
    MatthieuTofu, cookie09 and Mefisto like this.