Like Tree20Likes

Metal music

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by gch555:
    Hah, I'm definitely the same here!

This thread made me think of all the bands I haven't listened to in ages... gonna fire up some Soulfly and Ill Nino for old time's sake later.

Did anyone else have plans to go see Metallica and the S&M #2 when it was scheduled in cinemas for HK last year? I had it locked in but protests made me wary of being stuck in TST so I didn't go. Pretty bummed. I'm not a massive Metallica fan but the first S&M was amazing.
    Don't forget some Spineshank! I played Soulfly's original self titled album the other week during a workout and those tribal drums still hit just as hard.

Same as you, I spun S&M a lot at uni. Pantera and Megadeth were great too during that time. I was a drummer in a band called And Then Everybody Died, haha. Good times!
    gch555 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by periphery831:
    Don't forget some Spineshank! I played Soulfly's original self titled album the other week during a workout and those tribal drums still hit just as hard.

Same as you, I spun S&M a lot at uni. Pantera and Megadeth were great too during that time. I was a drummer in a band called And Then Everybody Died, haha. Good times!
    Spineshank, wow haven't listened to them in aages. Pantera/Soulfly/Sepultura was an epic combination back then. I also listened to a LOT of Fear Factory from then until the early 2000s. Awesome vocalist, still is.

Haha "And Then Everybody Died". What sort of metal did you play?
    periphery831 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gch555:
    Spineshank, wow haven't listened to them in aages. Pantera/Soulfly/Sepultura was an epic combination back then. I also listened to a LOT of Fear Factory from then until the early 2000s. Awesome vocalist, still is.

Haha "And Then Everybody Died". What sort of metal did you play?
    Exactly! Metal music until the early 2000s was the best.

We played a mixture of different styles, thrash, hardcore, sludge, grindcore, and even blues at times. We split up as one of our vocalists and bassists had a tiff over a girl. OH well. Metal!
    gch555 likes this.

That's not very metal, letting a girl get between band mates!

periphery831 likes this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vc9Mz2tfHM

Have been on a Tool binge thanks to this thread. Timeless.

Don't forget to turn it up. Happy Sunday, fellas!
    mused likes this.

These kiwi boys killing it. Can't understand any of it, but it's great they sing in Maori.

periphery831 likes this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkE_-zYHDCk

These guys.

Can't wait for the offspring of a nu-metal resurgence.
    bbchris likes this.