• 2 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By rani
  • 1 Post By BCD
  • 1 Post By aquaman

Baguio Villa questions

Closed Thread

Baguio Villa questions

Hi all,

I am considering renting a flat at Baguio Villa ('upper' I believe - the larger towers further away from Cyberport) and have a few questions before I decide whether to take the plunge, would very much appreciate any input from current or former residents:

*How tough is it to get around without a car? On my visit it seemed it would be a long walk up from Victoria Road where presumably most of the public transit ends up. Or are there buses, etc. that actually go into the complex?

*What are noise levels like, particularly from other flats? I know this depends heavily on luck with neighbors but am wondering e.g. if it's a generally quiet environment, whether the build quality keeps things muffled ... or whether there's a high concentration of people who like to leave their doors open or relentless piano players. I work from home quite a bit and my current flat is not great on the noise front so desperately hoping for an improvement

*Is maintenance/management generally good and running a tight ship? For example do they ensure renovation work is happening only during working hours and do they respond to complaints from landlords or residents?

Many thanks.

*How tough is it to get around without a car? On my visit it seemed it would be a long walk up from Victoria Road where presumably most of the public transit ends up. Or are there buses, etc. that actually go into the complex?
    #8 and #28 mini buses run on a fairly regular schedule and go up to Upper Baguio. Check their routes online.

8 runs to Exchange Square
    28 runs to Causeway Bay

Both of them go past the HKU MTR Station and many people prefer to continue their onward journey by MTR. On the way back (to Baguio) people tend to take the 8 from Exchange Square.

In addition to this you have a twice an hour (excluding public holidays / sunday) shuttle that runs during the day between Baguio and Kennedy Town MTR (HR 42).
    https://www.paulzimmerman.hk/public-...n-shuttle-hr42

A car would be nice to have - to go to Aberdeen / other southside destinations - but not essential.

Is maintenance/management generally good and running a tight ship? For example do they ensure renovation work is happening only during working hours and do they respond to complaints from landlords or residents?
    In general quite responsive.
    rkenia852 and huja like this.

the 28 never comes when you need it.

gigglinggal likes this.

I usually rely on the HR42. It's on a schedule and pop down a few minutes before it arrives.

If the # 28 is there then that's a bonus.

The #8 starts from Lower Baguio. If you get on from upper (free) you will need to alight and queue up again in lower.

If I need to go to Aberdeen, use the Citybus app before walking down. The app is fairly accurate so you're never waiting more than a couple of mins.

We have a dog and do the walk up from Victoria Rd daily. It's no biggie. You get used to it.

huja likes this.

Thank you all, very helpful - any input or experiences to share regarding general noise levels?

Quote Originally Posted by sonhouse:
    Thank you all, very helpful - any input or experiences to share regarding general noise levels?
    Very quiet. Most of the estate is full of older and long term residents who are well past their piano lessons and karaoke session days. There might be exceptions... But in general this is a very quiet estate.

The transactions are low here... So not much renovations work.. Again there might be exceptions in your tower.

Are you sure you are talking about the correct Upper Baguio? The larger tower blocks (but various flat sizes, generally larger ones) are in Lower Baguio which is down hill from Victoria Road. Upper is uphill from Victoria Road.
    This makes a big difference in transport options.
    Lower Baguio is much easier as you can go down to Cyberport for many more transport options.

shri likes this.

Thanks BCD - yes I meant Upper Baguio (uphill from Victoria Road/farther away from Cyberport).