Like Tree28Likes

Investing in HK utility stocks? Anyone

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72:
    Thanks for that. It covers a wider range of stocks than another one.
    Kowloon72 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by periphery831:
    The takeaway being screw utilities, go hard on tech giants? You only live once?
    Well, it all depends ... it really should be a blend of you live once, you'll live for a long time and you might have to provide for your kid's living ....
    periphery831 likes this.

The two HK utility stocks that I own (6823 HKT and 2638 HK Electric) have been my best performing stocks this year. Both have weathered the political and health shitstorm of the last 12 months quite well and are actually up for the year.

But balance is key. You need a couple of tech stocks, banks, REIT's, overall don't hold too many (less than 10 should be enough) and then bob's your uncle.

periphery831 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    The two HK utility stocks that I own (6823 HKT and 2638 HK Electric) have been my best performing stocks this year. Both have weathered the political and health shitstorm of the last 12 months quite well and are actually up for the year.

But balance is key. You need a couple of tech stocks, banks, REIT's, overall don't hold too many (less than 10 should be enough) and then bob's your uncle.
    How do you personally invest in REIT's?

How do you personally invest in REIT's?
    I just buy 0823 (Link), Any better way?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Do they charge you a dividend handling fee? If you are buying in small lots the minimum handling fee might eat up a few dividends...

But other than that the monthly investment plan is the way to go for fixed dollar cost averaging on a low cost..
    believe the minimum charge is hk30 for dividend handling.

The takeaway being screw utilities, go hard on tech giants? You only live once?
    I read this article a couple of weeks ago and it really altered my perspective....wish I'd read it when it was published!

https://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/new...e-tragedy.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72:
    I read this article a couple of weeks ago and it really altered my perspective....wish I'd read it when it was published!

https://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/new...e-tragedy.aspx
    How so?