Like Tree36Likes

SIGNAL APP?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Original Post Deleted
    Can you find some actual security guys to explain this to you.

Original Post Deleted
    that is all that matters...

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix2:
    Can you find some actual security guys to explain this to you.
    Personally, I take the word of my old colleague Alex Muffett on these things. He's pretty happy with the way E2E encryption is done by these services - his team added it to Facebook Messenger...
    TheBrit, Fenix2 and timonoj like this.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    Personally, I take the word of my old colleague Alex Muffett on these things. He's pretty happy with the way E2E encryption is done by these services - his team added it to Facebook Messenger...
    ...not to mention to Whatsapp back in the day. That is, before it was bought by FB, and they decided to start weakening it and allow it to leak all kinds of stuff.

Fenix2, now I guess it's just out of curiosity. Do you use Facebook? Or Insta...or Gmail...or Windows? Or android...I mean, any of these are leaking already way more data than what you might be trying to ahem, avoid by not using Signal.

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    ...not to mention to Whatsapp back in the day. That is, before it was bought by FB, and they decided to start weakening it and allow it to leak all kinds of stuff.
    I'm pretty sure Alec never worked on/for WhatsApp...

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    I'm pretty sure Alec never worked on/for WhatsApp...
    Sorry, poor wording... I mean, he might not have been involved in Whatsapp encryption, I wasn't trying to specifically point at him. But I was pointing Whatsapp is also using the same Open Whisper Encryption protocol that initially was created for SIgnal. They have modified and weakened it since. But that was a starting point for their E2E encryption.