Like Tree60Likes

New staff constantly taking sick leave

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by jonastainine:
    This is just my experience as I am no expert. I find that people here will accept an invitation when asked but will cancel later usually just prior to the engagement citing some inconvenience. Seems this is normal? I gather they had no intention in accepting but by saying yes puts the issue at rest.
    I'm actually fine with this because they have the courtesy to inform me (I can then make alternative plans). What annoys me, and I think what everyone meant before, is when they just don't show up and don't say anything, and usually don't answer their phone when you call.

Being decent humans, we would naturally wait a bit longer in case they are late, or perhaps something happened causing a delay. If they are not intending to come anyway, it just wastes our time, which is disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    I'm actually fine with this because they have the courtesy to inform me (I can then make alternative plans). What annoys me, and I think what everyone meant before, is when they just don't show up and don't say anything, and usually don't answer their phone when you call.

Being decent humans, we would naturally wait a bit longer in case they are late, or perhaps something happened causing a delay. If they are not intending to come anyway, it just wastes our time, which is disrespectful.
    I'm not fine with any of it, just grow a spine, and learn a polite way to decline rather than lying and fucking other people about in the process.
    BCD and HK_Katherine like this.

So just a quick update: he was fired. Finally! His department head told him he could work from home and he had to log in his hours, which he failed to do. Then he showed up to the office one day to "work" so we took that opportunity to fire him. Good riddance!

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6