Like Tree20Likes

How do burglars get into your house?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    I just assumed no one would bother on the 25th floor.
    I had a next door neighbour broken into on the 25th floor, in Wan Chai.

Once the burglars had sneaked past the security people on the ground floor, they had all the time in the world to do the break in and search through the flat.
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmark:
    I had a next door neighbour broken into on the 25th floor, in Wan Chai.

Once the burglars had sneaked past the security people on the ground floor, they had all the time in the world to do the break in and search through the flat.
    add to that, the typical central CCTV is hopeless

I've added bells to our doors and windows. Tacky things from tourist shops. They'd make a crash if someone tried to open anything.

Recently a neighbor put a camera at their front door, but I feel it's to spy on *me*. They've been somewhat nasty to us and have even said things about what they've "seen" me do everyday. Is there anything I can do about the camera?

gch555 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    I've added bells to our doors and windows. Tacky things from tourist shops. They'd make a crash if someone tried to open anything.

Recently a neighbor put a camera at their front door, but I feel it's to spy on *me*. They've been somewhat nasty to us and have even said things about what they've "seen" me do everyday. Is there anything I can do about the camera?
    If they haven't installed a camera warning sign you could report them.
    Elegiaque likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Not sure but police showed up here asking to check out neighbour's camera, apprently allowed for surveillance of ones own private property but would be an infringement if pointed at someone else's private property however now there are more cameras doing exactly that.

If one felt it was directed at their home or entrance could perhaps have it adjusted?

They're some papers on personal data privacy etc.
    on Legco but of course in downloable (not viewable in browser) PDFs so I'm not going to bother....

my m-i-l had her place broken into when there was external scaffolding. She has the normal aluminium frame windows and all that was needed was a screwdriver to pop the window open from the outside, they are really flimsy.

For high rises you are usually safe until there is external scaffolding, but I am sure there have been a few instances of crazy cat burglars if the rewards are high enough.

Skyhook likes this.