Like Tree43Likes

HK Post - Where mail goes to die?!?

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

I sent a document from the UK last week. It's already been acknowledged as received.

On the other hand, it's taken four and a half months to receive 2 big boxes from HK. Not Speedpost, by ship but 6 weeks longer than pre-Covid times.

ec-ship is still pretty fast (around a week) if you need to get something to the UK within a sensible time. It seems to have higher priority than speedpost and is cheaper.

I sent a package using HK shit post last year around end of February, arrived end of December. Awesome service and it costed a small fortune to send it.

Name:  IMG_5185.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  84.8 KB

Indeed it's starting to sound like there was a single large-ish shipment by sea (or land).

Posted 10/Dec/2021 and only received yesterday.

"Shop Early, Send Early this Christmas"... oh the irony...

Amazon minor order months ago never arrived

Now this is interesting.

Further to #68, and because that letter wasn't received even a month after posting, the sender put a new new one through the post on 18th January.

I received it yesterday, one day apart from the much delayed 10th December post.

That makes 4 days delivery from London - which is fast even for non-Covid times. I wonder if they accumulated so much mail that they part-chartered a freighter!

Posted from U.K. 22nd. Received this morning

Wasn't sure where to post this but sometimes there is good news.

Box sent by DHL from UK on 14th arrived at mine yesterday. Very impressed and the box is full of tasty UK goodies.

Sofa ordered from Pricerite 2-1/2 months ago finally arriving shortly. Less impressive because their customer service, (unsurprisingly for HK) was shocking. When I ordered it I asked whether they had stock or would it be delayed because of Covid. I was told they had stock. What they didn't tell me was they didn't actually have the stock in HK!.

Rob2020 and chuckster007 like this.

Original Post Deleted
    i just checked and luckily for me airmail to U.K. Is working. Another scandalous waste of government resources directed in the wrong areas. I have a letter due any day now which I’ll need to sign and return.

Here’s the most relevant link. The second one on the link being the most useful.

https://www.hongkongpost.hk/en/about...ion/index.html
    blandy62 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7