View Poll Results: Which of brokers would you suggest for US stocks at this time

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Futu HK Stocks Securities Service

2 10.53%
  • SoFi Hong Kong HK Stocks Securities Service

7 36.84%
  • Other: Please suggest in thread

10 52.63%
Like Tree29Likes

Poll: Help to decide which online broker to trade/hold US stocks (about $200K HKD)

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    I ran some rough numbers and decided that even their current valuation was far too high given the money they could be realistically making given their fees, even at extravagant growth rates.
    $15 per transaction is surely not bad, given much of their user base are probably Tai Tai's or day traders and those can add up quickly.

I've also wondered whether all passthrough fees are necessary every time? Any ideas? Obviously us users pay for every transaction - but if a Futu buyer matches a Futu seller, can they just do this internally as a nominee? Or are shareholder details actually disclosed with HKEX/listed companies and therefore every transaction gets officially lodged?

Quote Originally Posted by eastside:
    look like you paid a bit less than 0.2%? consisting of 0.1% stamp duty and 0.08% broker commision and the rest?
    I don't mind either way, I just wish it were consistent so I can fix the formulae in Excel. I have them locked down for all other platforms I use.

T+2 and got my statements now. Of three purchases, both split orders ended up as SFC Levy (0.0027%) + Stamp Duty (1%) + $1. The non-split purchase did not include $1.

I didn't see HKEX trading fee (0.005% + $0.5) nor clearing fees (0.002% min $2) included, which was odd. I presume the random $1 was part of one of those. Surely IB aren't subsidising HKEx or clearing fees...

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    I'm up 354% on my FUTU position.
    Ouch.

Name:  ouch.png
Views: 239
Size:  19.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by tparker:
    I've also wondered whether all passthrough fees are necessary every time? Any ideas? Obviously us users pay for every transaction - but if a Futu buyer matches a Futu seller, can they just do this internally as a nominee? Or are shareholder details actually disclosed with HKEX/listed companies and therefore every transaction gets officially lodged?
    It should be the same as any dark pool transaction - your order goes into a dark pool in many cases at many brokerages, even it is for split seconds. In this case, they're running their own dark pool (or perhaps in cooperation with some HFT types - like Robinhood etc do).

No clue and little interest on my part do go down a rabbit hole.

Have not looked at Futu and have no interest in it, but I would think that they should be in full compliance with all exchange regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    It should be the same as any dark pool transaction - your order goes into a dark pool in many cases at many brokerages, even it is for split seconds. In this case, they're running their own dark pool (or perhaps in cooperation with some HFT types - like Robinhood etc do).

No clue and little interest on my part do go down a rabbit hole.

Have not looked at Futu and have no interest in it, but I would think that they should be in full compliance with all exchange regulations.
    I occasionally see my orders at IB getting filled by 'IBKRATS'

Love the acronym, also no interest in rabbit holes, but I suspect they may be doing the same thing?
    tparker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    I occasionally see my orders at IB getting filled by 'IBKRATS'

Love the acronym, also no interest in rabbit holes, but I suspect they may be doing the same thing?
    Rabbit hole ...

SFC consultation on dark pools ... or "ALP" - Alternative Liquidity Providers.

https://www.sfc.hk/-/media/EN/files/...EN.pdf?noembed
    @tparker

Name:  Screenshot 2021-04-21 at 9.49.00 AM.png
Views: 225
Size:  268.9 KB
    GentleGeorge and tparker like this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5