Like Tree31Likes

Quarantine Hotel List - Dec 2021 - Feb 2022

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    HK just moves pieces around on a chessboard with no regard to the fact that human lives are affected. Bastards.
    I'm still agonizing whether I should see my family and friends whom I haven't seen in almost 2 years. It's frightening watching people turn into ghosts.

You may find that they don't want you to come round even if you get across.

I've been back for 2 months and I've only seen a few members of family. More than half haven't asked to meet up. I can't even get into one cousin's house as they're too paranoid to let people in.

Quote Originally Posted by seirin:
    I'm still agonizing whether I should see my family and friends whom I haven't seen in almost 2 years. It's frightening watching people turn into ghosts.
    I'm glad I did in the summer, after 2 years of not seeing my parents and over 4 years for my siblings, it was worth it even though I ended up staying longer there and in QT hotel.

Right now the conditions for travel are terrible and who knows how it's going to be in HK once there is 1 local case, on top of the already insane guidelines. You need to be prepared to be detained for 21~44+ days... Unless it was the last chance to see someone I wouldn't go ATM.

I think the biggest uncertainty is if they reprise last year's outright ban so that you have to go for 21 days to a very small list of third countries, then do ANOTHER 21 days upon arrival in HK.

I also broke down and went to see my mother whom I had not seen for 2 years and my daughter, whom I had not seen for 3 years. Got back just in time for the omicron to hit the fan, as it were. With the US 1-day test and fly rule, hard to even get back for me anymore. My visit came in a tiny window of normality with few covid cases before delta hit the US hard.

Feel for the people who waiting until the Christmas/New Year holidays to plan their return to wherever. It's a total mess (didn't have to be but don't see the world backing down for at least a couple of months until more data comes in on omicron).

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5