Like Tree50Likes

JPM to pay upto HK$ 39K for Quarantine Expenses...

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

My company decided for a middle ground, paying half of the quarantine costs.

It's quite common that the employer pays for the 14-21 quarantine hotel. My employer paid 28k for my 14 day quarantine a few months ago. Have another 21 quarantine in February/March.

I don't work in finance, nor a big company. Nasdaq listed though, senior Managment.

No subsidy for the hotel, but I don't need to take annual leave while in quarantine.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    No subsidy for the hotel, but I don't need to take annual leave while in quarantine.
    Well I mean, if you would need to take annual leave for those days it would basically exclude 95% of the population from going since you also need leave days for wherever you will be outside of the 21 day quarantine. So not really a benefit, just the nature of your job that it can be done remotely

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    Well I mean, if you would need to take annual leave for those days it would basically exclude 95% of the population from going since you also need leave days for wherever you will be outside of the 21 day quarantine. So not really a benefit, just the nature of your job that it can be done remotely
    I think many office based jobs can be done remotely. However, I'm not sure what % of HK based employers allow remote working.

Spotted in a newsletter...

Regulators at the Hong Kong Monetary Authority seem to be in something of a better mood; they’ve been sending wine and gourmet food to cheer up bankers who are quarantining. Somewhat more strangely, this isn’t an official policy; it’s just something that a few HKMA staff have chosen to do out of their own pockets as a gesture of generosity. (FT)

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Spotted in a newsletter...
    What about non bankers who have to quarantine? This seems unethical and a breach of their "conflict of interest" rules. But theres little doubt that HKMA is corrupt as f too.

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    What about non bankers who have to quarantine? This seems unethical and a breach of their "conflict of interest" rules. But theres little doubt that HKMA is corrupt as f too.
    Get your trade body to support you.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5