Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 2 Post By chuckster007

American Club Sponsor/Referral Question

Closed Thread

American Club Sponsor/Referral Question

Hi All, I've been living in HK for 10+ years now and would like to join American Club (this one suits my needs the most). As part of the application process, 4 sponsors and referees are needed. Unfortunately, my circle of friends are quite young (not club members, we're in our late 20s), I don't work for an American company, and I am the only US passport holder amongst them.

Does anyone know what is the easiest way to find sponsors/referees?

Thank you in advance!

Check with the membership department if they can arrange for the recommenders.

Did hear that they are aggressively recruiting for city memberships.

Paxbritannia likes this.

I would also be interested in this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Check with the membership department if they can arrange for the recommenders.

Did hear that they are aggressively recruiting for city memberships.
    they said I have to find the referees myself and they cannot assist....

Out of curiosity, what are they charging for entrance fees and monthly dues?

It'll be hard if you dont know anybody. There are agents who do this kind of thing but they can be expensive (you can google it). Otherwise you might try linking in with AMCHAM and see if they can introduce you to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:
    It'll be hard if you dont know anybody. There are agents who do this kind of thing but they can be expensive (you can google it). Otherwise you might try linking in with AMCHAM and see if they can introduce you to people.
    agents only help with corporate debentures which can be sold and bought. He is looking for an individual membership it sounds and they won’t be of any help for that purpose

Stand outside the club and greet people and talk to them and see if anyone is willing to be referees, offer a free beer from a cooler box to talk to them

shri and drumbrake like this.