Like Tree14Likes

December elections

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ren32:
    What do you mean?
    I repeat, we are not permitted,by order of the Health Dept ,to leave our care home . This rule has been applied for more than two years. My post was to inform people that I am not given the chance to vote,even if I wanted to. I am very aware of the date on my calendar. Thanks.
    I'm sorry to hear that. It must frustrating and stressful for you. In case this is helpful at all, I believe the government tried to support voting arrangements for residents of care homes the last time there was some kind of election, but I'm afraid I don't remember if that was before Covid. If you contact your local friendly DAB representative and ask them if there's any special arrangement or help for care home residents who wish to vote but can't leave, they may be able to figure something out.

Generally, in the past, the government has been quite keen to help care home residents and elderly voters get to cast their votes.

You've probably looked into all this already and there may not be any workarounds!

Quote Originally Posted by ren32:
    What do you mean?
    I repeat, we are not permitted,by order of the Health Dept ,to leave our care home . This rule has been applied for more than two years. My post was to inform people that I am not given the chance to vote,even if I wanted to. I am very aware of the date on my calendar. Thanks.
    I was confronted by some 'chuggers' in Causeway Bay yesterday saying they were collecting money for meals to be used for people in care homes. They were unusually assertive. Odd encounter

Thankyou, z754103, for your response. That's interesting that would-be voters in Care homes might get help. On seeing this great pile of election pamphlets addressed to me , I really thought it was a waste of paper as we don't get out. ( I do so miss a bit of shopping and eating out!).Thanks for the advice.

First rule of elections - We don't talk about elections.
    Second rule of elections - Look at rule 1..

Shutting this down...

vmlinuz likes this.