Like Tree28Likes

Doctor carves his initials on liver he transplanted

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    Sadly, this is the majority of the doctors here. Wait a bit longer and youll see it get even worse with the new rule to allow mainland Chinese doctors to practice here.
    I would not trust mainland doctors...but for local HK doctors, come on, I don't think all of them are that awful. Like I said, see a private doctor for better care.

I never respected doctors in HK. They all became doctors because their parents wanted them to be a doctor (money and status).

I have yet to meet a local doctor here that actually tries to geniunely treat me. Instead it feels like a fast food joint, go in ask 1 or 2 questions and out with the 3 days medicine (which forces you to go back to them for additional medication). Doctors here are hustlers with a prescription pad.
    Sounds a bit harsh and definitely false generalizations.
    If your parents wanted you to become a doctor, could you pass all the requirements? There.

If you don't agree with the way they do business, nobody is forcing you to go to them.
    If you keep going back then the medication must be working... so, some respect?
    If not working, stop going.
    fougeres, Coolboy and Hkemail888 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mpbk:
    If your parents wanted you to become a doctor, could you pass all the requirements? There.

If you don't agree with the way they do business, nobody is forcing you to go to them.
    You have a reasonable point that not every single HK doctor is a bellend, but your comment about nobody forcing you to go there is pretty damn moronic. And that you go back because the medicine must be working is a close 2nd.

I suggest you go away and think about the bollocks you just wrote and then try again in a little while.

Let me guess, you or some (one) in your family is a HK doctor….
    angeluscomplex likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mpbk:

I do stop going. I try and find another doctor which turns out to be a similar disappointment. Honestly, I have a better time using google to find the right drugs and I order it online. Obviously, its not an ideal approach for all issues.

Unfortunately, this cannot be applied to all illnesses. I am not generalizing doctors here, but just stating my experiences and have not found a reliable doctor yet.
    Skyhook and Plutark like this.

I do stop going. I try and find another doctor which turns out to be a similar disappointment. Honestly, I have a better time using google to find the right drugs and I order it online. Obviously, its not an ideal approach for all issues.

Unfortunately, this cannot be applied to all illnesses. I am not generalizing doctors here, but just stating my experiences and have not found a reliable doctor yet.
    I had a similar experience. HK doctors are fine with simple bog stock prognosis. Plus the treatment that they choose to dispense is dated. The difference is chalk and cheese in my experience if I compare HK with my doctors over here, the vastly more effective drugs dispensed, considerably more proactive follow up and much more extensive explanation to me, the patient. You can ' believe' what you like, but medically speaking, the HK medical system leaves a lot to be desired.
    angeluscomplex and Sage like this.

HK GPs are great for getting sick leave notes

Skyhook and Sage like this.