Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Confused USA
  • 2 Post By Sith
  • 2 Post By Baklava

Quarantine Camp - Hotel or Penny's Bay?

Closed Thread

Cool Quarantine Camp - Hotel or Penny's Bay?

Does anyone know how they select the location of where close contacts go to quarantine? Looking at the stats, most people head off to PB but a "lucky" few seem to get to stay in designated hotels. How is this selected?

Like most people here I worry a bit about getting sent to isolation for two weeks. But if I could avoid PB for the comparative high end luxury of the Dorsett Kwun Tong or Cosmo Wanchai, I might feel a bit better. If only because my family could drop off better food more frequently and the mattresses are more than 2cm thick.

GreggS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Confused USA:
    Does anyone know how they select the location of where close contacts go to quarantine? Looking at the stats, most people head off to PB but a "lucky" few seem to get to stay in designated hotels. How is this selected?

Like most people here I worry a bit about getting sent to isolation for two weeks. But if I could avoid PB for the comparative high end luxury of the Dorsett Kwun Tong or Cosmo Wanchai, I might feel a bit better. If only because my family could drop off better food more frequently and the mattresses are more than 2cm thick.
    I only know of one occasion so not sure if it’s normal practice and it was a year ago.
    But 2 friends working for the same company had to go in quarantine as a close contact (a colleague of theirs) both smoked but only one told that to the officers and was send to a hotel instead of PB.
    GreggS and Drunken Master like this.

I think it depends on people’s special needs and rooms availability.
    Last year, after the gym and kindergarten clusters, some of my friends who were close contacts were sent to Dorsett instead of Penny Bay. One of them requested that because had two young kids and wanted some space and comfort for a young family of four. The other one, single guy... just got lucky! All the rooms in Penny Bay and Yuen Long were already full.
    My take: ask for what you want, it’s always worth a try. You might get lucky too and it can’t hurt to try. Good luck!

GreggS and Drunken Master like this.

Is it at your expense even if the government send you? Hotels nowadays are pretty full and there may not be good choices available for the picking. What if you can't afford what's available?

Quote Originally Posted by mpbk:
    Is it at your expense even if the government send you? Hotels nowadays are pretty full and there may not be good choices available for the picking. What if you can't afford what's available?
    Hotel for close contacts was paid by the government.

If you have kids and bitch enough you might get sent to a hotel instead of PB.