Like Tree167Likes

27th Jan - 5:30pm Carrie Lam Press Conference

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by statman:
    It's clear that the mainland border will now only open up when the mainland change their policy to abandon zero-COVID.

Well, we might as well wait till 2047 in that case...
    Kaosommadawn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisX:
    Vaccines work (or at least worked, and of course some work better than others) but vaccines are also pointless in HK. I've had mine and I've had no advantage over those who haven't - although looks like it will post CNY.

Not sure what this has to do with the point I was making though. haven't seen much media here posting "vaccines don't work" stories.
    Damage is mostly already done from last year. Just have to look at twitter comments and/or try to have a conversation with someone at work that you thought was intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Well, we might as well wait till 2047 in that case...
    I’m not so sure. I think matters will change after the Olympics and/or with upgraded Mainland vaxxes. Is HK a test bed for changes? You can bet your life the about turns of the last few days will have needed endorsement.
    statman likes this.

All of a sudden I no longer seems to be able to read Aaron’s updates. I’m not a member but previously I could just click a cross and scroll down. That functionality doesn’t now work. Probably a good thing The updates were great but the opinions weren’t

Edit - Damn I can still do it but need one extra step than before. Click on login then click the cross. Now I can scroll down

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    I’m not so sure. I think matters will change after the Olympics and/or with upgraded Mainland vaxxes. Is HK a test bed for changes? You can bet your life the about turns of the last few days will have needed endorsement.
    Interestingly, one of my team in Guangzhou said that maybe HK could be a good test bed for China to open up to the rest of the world. Not sure if that was just a thought he had or whether that had been floated in the Mainland media.

By her logic she should have no objections to reporters who remove their masks to ask their questions.Just so she can feel their emotion of course. I reckon she should also wear dark glasses at her briefings because it is quite easy to spot a habitual liar by their eyes as they speak.

Reaching a 100% vaxx is easy

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    Yes sorry that’s what I meant when I said “doesn’t mean zero Covid - it’s now dynamic Covid”. But that wasn’t mentioned yesterday when answering the question about borders. She only talked about needing higher vaxx rates in the elderly, and reaching 90%.

Dynamic Zero in Hong Kong

So few cases opening the border is not possible*
    Too many cases opening the boundary is not possible

*While effective vaccination rates of the over 80's is kept low

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9