Like Tree19Likes

Best place to buy new ipad

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by DannyJJ:
    About the educational discount. I know a teacher so I could have them get it, but won't it all be registered under their name, email etc? Can I easily switch it to be registered to me after?
    I did the discount for a friend of mine.

Basically I ordered for myself, but used his credit card and home address details (though my name was on it). Had to provide proof of being in the education industry.

He got the ipad brand new, not registered under my name or anything.
    DannyJJ likes this.

About the educational discount. I know a teacher so I could have them get it, but won't it all be registered under their name, email etc? Can I easily switch it to be registered to me after?
    Won’t be registered under their name. While ordering you just need to submit some info; that’s it. Even delivery address can be yours !

With CCB JD card, if paying via AliPay at Apple store, you get 4% off. Currently Fortress has promo on HSBC credit card (need to recheck which one); wherein if you spend above $3500; you get $180 back and $400 back if spent above $6500 - these discount is above what your credit card can earn you. E.g. HSBC Visa Signature with rewards category selected ‘Home’, you can get 5.6% back if ordered online. So say something worth $6500 will be $6500 - $364(5.6%) - $400 = $5736 - education discount is additional !!
    DannyJJ and shri like this.

Awesome. Thank you all. ☺️

Ok, just a bit confused on ordering online for edu discount.

I want the iPad, my friend is a teacher. Looking online the first step is shipping name number and address, second is billing name number and address. If I use his name and my address on shipping I can easily sign for it if it comes to my door since they never ask for ID. But these days it seems like I have to pick up deliveries at designated locations because of covid and then show ID. It seems like online ordering is impossible, so only in person with him with me?

Also, what proof do they require? A current year school ID?

It seems like online ordering is impossible, so only in person with him with me?
    Get your friend to order, pay and collect it for you.
    DannyJJ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vyral_143:
    Won’t be registered under their name. While ordering you just need to submit some info; that’s it. Even delivery address can be yours !

With CCB JD card, if paying via AliPay at Apple store, you get 4% off. Currently Fortress has promo on HSBC credit card (need to recheck which one); wherein if you spend above $3500; you get $180 back and $400 back if spent above $6500 - these discount is above what your credit card can earn you. E.g. HSBC Visa Signature with rewards category selected ‘Home’, you can get 5.6% back if ordered online. So say something worth $6500 will be $6500 - $364(5.6%) - $400 = $5736 - education discount is additional !!
    Very intense levels of card optimisation!!
    vyral_143 likes this.

Lol well got busy in life and still not get one. But I'm looking at the new ipad air. Yes I know the comparisons online all urge the pro but I really don't need the extra features. Anyway. There is a massive shortage of them in HK. The 256gb model is sold out in apple stores and online till July at best. Fortress and Broadway is just as bad.

However, I checked out Price app and everyone has them in stock AND at or better than educational prices. I doubt apple care is offered so warranty is limited, but how do they do it so low? Are they fake? Secretly refurbished and not what you are really buying? Just don't see how they can have them so cheap and and instock when higher priced stores are sold out. Doubt apple gives it to them for so low.

P.s.oh and this isn't the grey market versions either

Last edited by DannyJJ; 27-05-2022 at 11:15 PM.

Just an update after comparing specs and benchmarks for my needs I decided to go with a refurbished 2020 model ipad pro 11" from Apple store. It's more than enough power for what I'll do. Thanks all.

Did you try Mannings?

blandy62 likes this.