Like Tree1Likes

EDB Secondary NET scheme via category 7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Just a few points here:
    First of all, mainland int'l schools (e.g. Harrow, CIS Hangzhou) provide free luxury housing to their teachers, free fitness memberships, free utilities....the concept is that the teacher does not pay for anything. And they are living in houses (I have been in these houses) similar to a 2-storey condo. You could actually raise a child in it. The best ones I have seen for staff housing are at Taipei American School. You can find a list of mainland int'l schools on Search Associates. All mainstream/well reputed int'l schools have an end-of-contract 'retirement contribution' or lump sum or bonus or whatever you want to call it. They are usually 20% of all takings during the previous 2-yr period. The going/avg. rate for a mid-career teacher in Mainland Int'l school is 40 000--55000 RMB a month, then more for positions of responsibility (e.g. Head of ESL/Head of IT) and they would be making 70 000--90 000 RMB/month. Similar to here. ESF or HKIS your avg staff teacher will be making 65000-80000 HKD (with housing incentives, various different types) then north of 90000 or 100000 for positions of responsibility. However, in HKG....everyone always has to pay tax all the time. But in the Mainland.....well.....some schools 'pay your tax for you' and those teachers can really save up. *PHEW* NO EVIDENCE PROVIDED, but consider this good information and go sign up for Search Associates or Schrole!!

If this thread continues a few more weeks NETs are gonna be the highest paid profession in HK, minium 200k$ monthly plus house on the peak and car/driver + AMC membership paid for

Quote Originally Posted by Hkemail888:
    If this thread continues a few more weeks NETs are gonna be the highest paid profession in HK, minium 200k$ monthly plus house on the peak and car/driver + AMC membership paid for
    _ _ _
    so just for clarification, my last post was 100% talking about mainstream int'l schools in Mainland China (e.g. CIS Hangzhou, SAS) and no one else. LMAO. This thread jumps all over the place....started out talking about getting the right credentials for one specific type of job.....then someone mentioned int'l schools....then....

I guess....if you don't have teacher friends you can access for the application process to these jobs....you are pretty much 'stuck' because for each of the job type mentioned, it's quite complicated and someone has to help you through it. Posting on GeoExpat is not gonna do the trick. You need 'hands-on' and face-to-face assistance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2