Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By mookiept
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By flameproof
  • 1 Post By tparker
  • 2 Post By jabalong

Any China forwarders operating right now?

Closed Thread

Any China forwarders operating right now?

Have been using BUY@NDSH|P for a few years China forwarding (Taobao, etc), but they suspended their China warehouse a few months ago due to the then Covid outbreak in Shenzhen.

Looking for any alternatives that are currently operating, as I seem to have seen people here talking about ordering of late (but lost track of the posts to ask there).

We have a service that is still working that allows some Taobao forwarding to Hong Kong. However, some sellers block us as Hong Kong buyers, so need a forwarding service like BUY@SH|P that has a China warehouse address.

If they have English on their website that would be ideal, but not critical as can work out Chinese.

https://www.topexpress.hk/ is still operating fine. Got one package from them yesterday.

No English, as far as I know, but I do believe they have an English support WhatsApp number.
    jabalong and flameproof like this.

We've been getting shipments from Top Express and SF Express from Taobao without any issues - perhaps a few days late on some busy pre-post holiday days.

jabalong likes this.

Topexpress works perfectly fine, even now I sometimes get next day deliveries.

jabalong likes this.

I use BuyUP (buyuphk.com) - because they have a pickup location in Mui Wo. Kudos to them for not forgetting island dwellers.

Operations going as normal.

jabalong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    We've been getting shipments from Top Express and SF Express from Taobao without any issues - perhaps a few days late on some busy pre-post holiday days.
    As another alternative, I went back to look at Shipbao, which I used some years ago.

In looking through my notes, I noticed that Shri you had actually recommended it back then.

So, I'm curious, do you remember why you switched from Shipbao to Top Express?

Can someone explain why you wouldn't just make use of the Taobao consolidated shipping?

We use Shipbao from US to HK. TopExpress was recommended by flameproof who wrote up how to use TE. The Mrs uses it for TaoBao.. I am rarely on Taobao.

Bottom line.. I don't think we ever used or considered Shipbao for China orders and I don't know why it is or isn't a good option.

It might be their English whatsapp support guy.. Everyone likes that team or person. Shipbao does not provide any English support.

Quote Originally Posted by redslert:
    Can someone explain why you wouldn't just make use of the Taobao consolidated shipping?
    We run into many items that Taobao won't sell us because they know we are in Hong Kong. But if we change to a forwarder's China warehouse, then don't have any problem ordering it or having them bring it across the border.
    shri and flameproof like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    We use Shipbao from US to HK. TopExpress was recommended by flameproof who wrote up how to use TE. The Mrs uses it for TaoBao.. I am rarely on Taobao.

Bottom line.. I don't think we ever used or considered Shipbao for China orders and I don't know why it is or isn't a good option.

It might be their English whatsapp support guy.. Everyone likes that team or person. Shipbao does not provide any English support.
    Ah, right. Shipbao's website was originally only in Chinese, which is why I didn't stick with them and years ago switched to BUY@NDSH|P (English website and English live chat support).

But with BUY@NDSH|P still suspending their China warehouse, just went back to see if my old Shipbao account is active (it is, even after 4-5 years of no activity). And I see now that their website is mostly translated into English (don't know about support) and prices are lower than BUY@NDSH|P (on China forwarding, while prices are the same for overseas warehouses).

Just took a quick look at China forwarding fees and seems like Shipbao and TopExpress are similar. Will probably try Shipbao first since I'm set up already (lazy reason I know! ) and keep TopExpress in reserve.