Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By alexdown
  • 1 Post By Peaky
  • 1 Post By freeier

Dragon Boat Festival

Closed Thread

Dragon Boat Festival

Anyone know if there will be any event in HK for this upcoming Dragon Boat festival?

Quote Originally Posted by mistakes_maker:
    Anyone know if there will be any event in HK for this upcoming Dragon Boat festival?
    Should be on. The teams are practicing.
    aw451 and Grinnie Jax like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Should be on. The teams are practicing.
    Thanks, Shri. Is it going to be at Victoria Harbor or Stanley?

Thanks, Shri. Is it going to be at Victoria Harbor or Stanley?
    The local races *on the Tuen Ng day* like Stanley, Aberdeen etc are confirmed.

The internationals (the one in Victoria harbour you are referring to) have not been confirmed yet (as expected - no team will visit from overseas if they have to quarantine).
    mistakes_maker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alexdown:
    The local races *on the Tuen Ng day* like Stanley, Aberdeen etc are confirmed.

The internationals (the one in Victoria harbour you are referring to) have not been confirmed yet (as expected - no team will visit from overseas if they have to quarantine).
    Thanks. I have never been to Stanley and this is a good chance to go.

Thanks. I have never been to Stanley and this is a good chance to go.
    Personally I wouldn’t bother. It is sheer hell trying to get in our out.

Actually I’ll restate that. If you’ve never been you should tick it off the bucket list but be prepared for travel issues both ways especially in light of this, if it is up to date

https://www.hong-kong-traveller.com/...-festival.html

Won't be nearly as busy as in the good old days... far fewer teams competing and a much smaller event overall. Training only started a few weeks back and I'm not sure Stanley have even received police clearance for the event yet.

Well worth coming down and making a day of it.

alexdown likes this.

They are going to infect the fishes with Covid and cross infect everyone in the vincinity!

Original Post Deleted
    and justify their reason for closing the beaches.. hmmm
    hike likes this.

That’s exactly how I feel about the HK Sevens. Fantastic when your business conference in Asia finishes to time up with the 7s. I went 4 times before I moved here permanently. Living here it’s just a pain in the backside and I’ve gone as a host once. BUT a resumption of the 7s (will it be new stadium?) will be more than welcome for the benefit of HKs bars, restaurants, hospitality etc and the familiar touts on the Lockhart/Luard junction.

The annual conference was deliberately moved in the end. The carnage of long lunches, missed flights, missed meetings, calls etc just became too much. I could never establish if it was our industry or the Hedge Fund conf that effectively ruined a room at Shangri-La destined for a wedding reception the following day. That would have been in the late 2000s

Last edited by ByeByeEngland; 20-05-2022 at 12:48 PM.