Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By HSY
  • 3 Post By Crankshaft
  • 1 Post By addicttravel18@

Middle East vs HK Summer

Closed Thread

Middle East vs HK Summer

Not been out of quarantine for a month yet and I’m already over this place again, especially since experiencing how normal the rest of the world is.

Was thinking of trying out Egypt, Jordan, Israel and Turkey in July, but what is the summer heat like compared to HK? I’m thinking as long as it’s not humid then I should be fine. Then again, I will be exploring a lot, so the heat might take its toll?

I'm familiar with very warm dry conditions as that's where I grew up (I guess not as warm as Egypt though) but it's the humidity that kills me.

Bad idea to go in summer?

Last edited by Crankshaft; 29-05-2022 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Better info

Any reason why it needs to be the Middle East?

Without knowing the full background, how long, why etc how about Portugal/Spain or Greece/Turkey. Dubai in Jan/Feb is hot by day but not stifling and cool overnight. Summer temperatures are blistering.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    Not been out of quarantine for a month yet and I’m already over this place again, especially since experiencing how normal the rest of the world is.
    Oh this is no good at all. You know what this means right...

1. You've contracted Covid wanderlust and/or
    2. You've developed a growing addiction to the high of stressful travel. craving a bigger fix

Can't say for the others but Turkey was ok, not as humid as HK. Presumably becos they have decent sunlight there. I can't rem the last time I saw legit bright nice continuous clear sun in HK for > 2hrs. Weak beams.
    Crankshaft likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Any reason why it needs to be the Middle East?

Without knowing the full background, how long, why etc how about Portugal/Spain or Greece/Turkey. Dubai in Jan/Feb is hot by day but not stifling and cool overnight. Summer temperatures are blistering.
    Want to go somewhere I've not been yet that's relatively cheap and always wanted to see the pyramids, Petra and Cappadocia. Looking at about 3 weeks. Going to Turkey, but not Dubai. Will only transit in Doha.

Just spoke to a friend who lived in HK and has been to Egypt in July and says it's nowhere near as bad as HK because it's dry.

So now just out of curiosity, which place would be worse than HK in summer? For me it's the worst I've been to. I find it worse than Singapore.

Hi,

I guess if you really want an escape from this hot and humid temperature of HK, my recommendation would be Turaif is located at the northern border of Saudi Arabia. It is the coldest city of Saudi Arabia.
    Al Turaif District in Diriyah is the cradle of the first Saudi dynasty and a world heritage site with over three hundred years of history.
    Its a different experience.

Cheeky Kiwi likes this.