Like Tree31Likes

Weather today...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

As I walk back from my usual 2 hour plus morning walk 2-1/2 today) dripping in sweat the question has to be asked whether I prefer the HK climate or the UK.

There is nothing more glorious in the world than a long summer’s day in the UK countryside or on a west coast beach with sun late into the evening and a beautiful sunset.

Unfortunately with the odd exceptional year these are far too infrequent. I’m not good in the cold and I’m not good with central heating which I find stifling.

Between the two HK wins hands down and is at least seasonal unlike Singapore. Being on a balcony at 2am sweating with a cool beer. Yea I’ll take that thanks

..ah yes, good ol HK weather, how's the humidity? are floors oozing with juice?

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    is at least seasonal unlike Singapore
    Yes. This exactly. Even at its worst, HK gets at least min. one aircon setting change per yr, hot and cold.

Currently 34.5 and nicely basting

Quote Originally Posted by HSY:
    Yes. This exactly. Even at its worst, HK gets at least min. one aircon setting change per yr, hot and cold.
    We have not used the hot setting in a very long time.. 4-5 years may be...
    MABinPengChau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    We have not used the hot setting in a very long time.. 4-5 years may be...
    I haven't even looked to see how to switch my aircon over to heat...and here in TW (pretty similar climate to HK) they actually use insulation in the buildings so you can turn off the aircon in the morning, come home, and it's still tolerable (only care about this due to...cats).
    Rob2020 and Elegiaque like this.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:

Let us go stream trekking in a red rain storm.

Rescuers search for missing woman who fell into stream while hiking
    This stream is one of my daily spots, you really have to know how these steams change under weather conditions, the evidence of flash flooding is everywhere, it raises by up to 2 meters or more in spots where the Gorge walls narrow. There has been a huge influx of novice hikers in it during the pandemic, likely due to the fact it's listed on one of those off trail websites as a 4/10, it isn't

Today was hot AF though, likely a record broken.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    As I walk back from my usual 2 hour plus morning walk 2-1/2 today) dripping in sweat the question has to be asked whether I prefer the HK climate or the UK.

There is nothing more glorious in the world than a long summer’s day in the UK countryside or on a west coast beach with sun late into the evening and a beautiful sunset.

Unfortunately with the odd exceptional year these are far too infrequent. I’m not good in the cold and I’m not good with central heating which I find stifling.

Between the two HK wins hands down and is at least seasonal unlike Singapore. Being on a balcony at 2am sweating with a cool beer. Yea I’ll take that thanks
    Hot weather in UK is not great. Last night was humid/muggy but of course no air con. Needed to have all the windows open. Problem is then at 4.30 am you get awoken by bloomin' noisy birds and the bright sun. 20 - 22 is my sweet spot.
    ByeByeEngland, AliT and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    Today was hot AF though, likely a record broken.
    It was...23 June - hottest day of the year so far...
    Cornmeal and Ekim201 like this.