Like Tree47Likes

Triad shooting and machete attack in Central last thursday night

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Is it too early for him to have been appointed by legal aid?
    I think so. They couldn't process the application so quickly and to have already assigned a barrister. Plus I'm not sure if Bruce is even still on the Legal Aid list. Usually Legal Aid is given for a specific purpose, e.g. for the trial or appeal, not likely to take over at such an early stage.

Also I was under the impression that the Govt was trying to reform / clamp down on Legal Aid... unless that's for protesters only, and not for jobless men.
    shri likes this.

Police today (June 27) arrested five non-ethnic Chinese (NEC) men and one local man, aged 23 to 43, for conspiracy to wounding with intent, trafficking in dangerous drug and possession of identity cards relating to another person. The six arrested men were in suspected connection with the open fire case happened in Central on June 10.
    https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...2062700628.htm

One more arrest ..

Police have arrested another man in connection with the gang attack and shooting near Lan Kwai Fong in Central earlier this month, with the total number of arrested persons in connection with the violence now reaching 17.

In a statement, the force said a 20-year-old non-ethnic Chinese man was arrested on Tuesday for conspiracy to wound with intent.
    https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...tion/4/191717/

Lost track of how many have been bailed - of all things, I'd have thought that these would be non-bailable NECs ...

Two arrested men were released on bail pending further enquiries and are required to report back to Police in late July.
    https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...2062900188.htm

Important bit - "Without reasonable excuse..." - this bit matters in places where guilt is proven in courts.

At least.
    I know a clerk to a well known very experienced barrister. The minimum entry requirement for his services is HK500K.

the total number of arrested persons in connection with the violence now reaching 17
    So there were that many ppl present that night ... must have been a lot of passengers packed into the van that took off. I still don't know what they're trying to do. So in the end, what was the whole police visit regional leader/photo-taking for if they don't continue steering it down the ethnic/race path...?

I asked on their tweet why visiting religious groups, no replies to me yet =/

Quote Originally Posted by HSY:
    So there were that many ppl present that night ... must have been a lot of passengers packed into the van that took off. I still don't know what they're trying to do. So in the end, what was the whole police visit regional leader/photo-taking for if they don't continue steering it down the ethnic/race path...?

I asked on their tweet why visiting religious groups, no replies to me yet =/
    they might be replying to you by knocking on your door

Quote Originally Posted by rs4:
    they might be replying to you by knocking on your door
    Why would they do that. They don't know how to work the reply button on Twitter?
    calmathetic9 likes this.

I think they forgot to fine the guys for breaking the social distancing rules. There were 6 (or 7) of them waiting for the police to arrive - the gathering limit is at 4. Maybe they got ticketed, just not mentioned in news but I think they forgot because usually they make it a point to say it esp when the main offence isn't related to social distancing. I'm gonna ask.

Two more arrests... so far 26 or 27 ...

Two more men related to the shooting that happened in Central in June last year were arrested by police, bringing the total number of arrestees to 27.

Police arrested two non-Chinese men, aged 24 and 28, in North Lantau on Thursday, after they previously arrested 24 men and a woman aged 20 to 43.
    https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...tion/4/199499/

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6