Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By ByeByeEngland
  • 2 Post By ByeByeEngland

Sai Kung Road Closures

Closed Thread

Sai Kung Road Closures

To anyone planning to head out to Sai Kung beaches, Maclehose 2/3 at Pak Tam Au or Wong Sej Pier and beyond. The road is still closed after a landslide on 8 June. Open part time for small vehicles and minibuses. Hard to get the latest info on that except to say that the 94 (and 96 which I think may be suspended) are only going as far as Pak Tam Chung.

im now on the minibus to Sai Wan pavilion. Reservoir still seems incredibly low to be.
    http://www.government-world.com/late...lide-incident/

https://newsrnd.com/amp/2022-06-08-r...yzgrjA6u9.html

Last edited by ByeByeEngland; 25-06-2022 at 09:36 AM.
    shri and jgl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    To anyone planning to head out to Sai Kung beaches, Maclehose 2/3 at Pak Tam Au or Wong Sej Pier and beyond. The road is still closed after a landslide on 8 June. Open part time for small vehicles and minibuses. Hard to get the latest info on that except to say that the 94 (and 96 which I think may be suspended) are only going as far as Pak Tam Chung.

im now on the minibus to Sai Wan pavilion. Reservoir still seems incredibly low to be.
    Latest traffic arrangement for section of Pak Tam Road, Sai Kung with landslide incident - Government World Magazine

https://newsrnd.com/amp/2022-06-08-r...yzgrjA6u9.html
    Thanks for the heads up @ByeByeEngland , we're planning to go tomorrow.....

Can you clarify what you wrote? You mean Mac Stage 1 and 2 etc are fine to access by transport (bus/ taxi) but you can't access Wong Shek pier by either?

We quite often get a taxi to the end of the road, close to the end of stage one (High Island Reservoir East Dam) and then hike the end of stage 1 & stage 2 to Tai Long Wan.

On the way back, as long as we get the speedboat out from the beach back to SK we're cool, but don't hike across to check keng pier for a sampan as we won't be able to get transport back to SK from Wong Shek pier.

So this.....

Name:  Mac stg 2.png
Views: 414
Size:  881.4 KB
    Last edited by Sage; 25-06-2022 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Thanks for the heads up @ByeByeEngland , we're planning to go tomorrow.....

Can you clarify what you wrote? You mean Mac Stage 1 and 2 etc are fine to access by transport (bus/ taxi) but you can't access Wong Shek pier by either?

We quite often get a taxi to the end of the road, close to the end of stage one (High Island Reservoir East Dam) and then hike the end of stage 1 & stage 2 to Tai Long Wan.

On the way back, as long as we get the speedboat out from the beach back to SK we're cool, but don't hike across to check keng pier for a sampan as we won't be able to get transport back to SK from Wong Shek pier.

So this.....

Name:  Mac stg 2.png
Views: 414
Size:  881.4 KB
    ok the information is sketchy but one things for sure 94 is definitely only stopping at Pak Tam Chung so you’re good for the start of 1. From what I can make out the road beyond that is only partially open for a limited time. The road to Sai Wan pavilion is fine. I’m not sure exactly whether the land slip as before (south) the end of Mac 2 or after it. I’m guessing you’d be able to walk down to as far as taxis can get towards end of 2. Landslip is Pak Tam Au so in theory this shouldn’t be too far.

if you’re feeling rich enough maybe just finish off with a meal at Ham Tin and a speedboat back though inflation has caught up there 180 or 160 from the cafe. The 180s are slightly faster ha ha.

just don’t quote me on getting to the end of 2 and walking for taxi. You won’t thank me for that and you certainly don’t wanna be doing 3 which I regards as the toughest of the whole lot.

i finished off at Tung Wan beach for the first time today. The rope climb for the last bit was ‘interesting’ but well worth if for a totally deserted beach. Then back to Big Wave for another swim, Ham Tin for sweet and sour pork and a nice cold beer then speedboat back

minibuses can get through apparently when the road is open but none go to Wong Shek. I wouldn’t be taking my chances with that either.

of course another option is to do as far as Sai Wan then walk up To Sai Wan pavilion. Wait or order taxi unless you’re really lucky to get on the white 29 minibus
    Sage and jgl like this.

Glad I went last weekend when the weather was clear blue skies (if a tad warm).

I don't think I've ever seen Hang Hau so busy - massive queues for buses and cabs, several hundred people long. Luckily I'm not one to follow the flock and managed to flag down a cab on the highway outside within a few minutes.

The beach however was pretty chilled...
    Name:  DLW.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  510.9 KB

Don't know about the status of the road at Pak Tam Au, but the 94 was still not running.

Last edited by Sage; 30-06-2022 at 11:52 PM. Reason: More photo glitches