Like Tree23Likes

Honbo Burgers - Any reviews?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bones & Blades have two branches. One in Sai Kung the other in Sai Ying Pun (not been to this one). I usually have pulled pork burger and chips. First time I tried it I was a little bit miffed by the dearth of chips. I’m a relatively big meal eater. The burger is fantastic and filling and explains the small portion of chips. I’ve never been a fan of fast food burgers so never tried 5 Guys/Mos etc. Butchers Club Wan Chai seems to have closed down according to Google Maps, they weren’t too shabby either.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Bones & Blades have two branches. One in Sai Kung the other in Sai Ying Pun (not been to this one). I usually have pulled pork burger and chips. First time I tried it I was a little bit miffed by the dearth of chips. I’m a relatively big meal eater. The burger is fantastic and filling and explains the small portion of chips. I’ve never been a fan of fast food burgers so never tried 5 Guys/Mos etc. Butchers Club Wan Chai seems to have closed down according to Google Maps, they weren’t too shabby either.
    BC still did a truck in West Kowloon outside M+ up until the spring, they used to be right out here by the beach but relocated to WC. 2 for 1 Tuesdays were pretty sweet. The owner told me the food truck licenses couldn't be renewed but I think I remember him saying he would reapply for a different one.

5 Guys is not is the same class as MOS, the latter being shitty adulterated soy filled patties you find in a run down PnS freezer. Hell MOS isn't even at the same level as McDicks!

Name:  IMG_20220814_161941.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  703.5 KB

If you're in Tin Hau then try this place. It's very close to the MTR in a little food arcade. Think it's called Chum Burger.

As you can see, only $27 for a fried chicken fillet burger, and only 50-something for a meal! Sometimes the wait can be a bit long during dinner time and the fries are meh, but the burger is good. Best value for money burger place I've came across so far.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Found them quite mass market ... same as Shake Shack.
    Five Guys is definitely a tier or 2 above Shake Shack. Ingredients, size and taste all trump SS.Name:  you-can-build-your-own-burger-137357-3.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  250.9 KB 5G
    Name:  intro-1640803629.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  130.2 KB DH

As someone else mentioned, Butcher Club burger are quiet good for HK, though their locations have mostly evaporated. Name:  119.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  77.1 KB
    Last edited by MikeNHK; 16-08-2022 at 09:10 AM. Reason: addon

I have to say that Burger King on the Peak actually does a decent double whopper. Maybe its walking out sitting in the sun that partly does it, but its actually on level with a 5 guys burger or so, at a lower price.

MikeNHK and shri like this.

Definitely honorable mention especially for the price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    Butcher's Club are some of the best I've had in HK but Burger Kitchen in Taipo does some decent burgers all for $75.

For my money though M&S patties + brioche buns toasted and grilled at home, add your fixings, damn good.

MOS burger hands down the worst FF burger available.
    MOS burger is atrocious, it's like eating cardboard with some fake meat. I don't even know why they are still in business.
    Cornmeal, TheBrit and Paxbritannia like this.

I'm a fan of Kabo burger in TST. They also have a branch in Kwai Hing. You'll usually see a queue of locals outside because it's about half the price of most of the overpriced western chains mentioned here. Regular burgers start under 40 hkd, and an impossible burger for about 60 hkd. Usually have a few decent local beers to choose from, also.