Like Tree12Likes

Govt trialing "Home Quarantine Wristbands" instead of DQH ...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Yay to wristbands! They are totally foolproof, not a single person has ever taken one off and left it home with his mobile phone...
    That's what makes them perfect for HK's selective enforcement approach to law making - Make ridiculous FF'ing laws that are utterly unjust and then only enforce them against enemies of the state (free thinkers).

I'm very pleased to say that I would never slip off a wrist band and carry on life as normal, that would just be soooo 'selfish' as @redslert has so 'free-thinkingly' stated.

All I'm thinking about is whether if the trialing is because it will be a new different type of tracking device that addresses the previous weaknesses or they are just trialing to test if the newly ordered supplies of the same old device is functioning...

BCD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt30:
    Of course these are a welcomed step in the right direction, however, 7 days total in quarantine (hotel + home) is still a massive deterrence to tourist and business travelers.
    The trials involved the whole of the arrival quarantine period at home, these people’s DQH was cancelled and refunded.

It’s still not enough, however removing DQHs from the picture would be a massive step in the right direction as it would remove the limit on arrivals. It wouldn’t revive inbound tourism or business travel, but I think it would stem the brain drain, as many people here would then feel able to travel outbound and return more easily.
    Sage and statman like this.