Suggestions Needed: Sourcing Manager 46k??

Closed Thread

Question Suggestions Needed: Sourcing Manager 46k??

Hi guys!

I just got an job offer for 46k per month as a sourcing director with a Hong Kong company with no benefits. I wanted to ask for maybe 55k or more.

It's a Japanese company hk's office. They contacted me out of the blue and wanted to hire me just after a few meetings within a few days. I've been working in the field since I graduated from college 7 years ago. I am 29 years old and not married, but I'll need to find an appointment for me and my girlfriend to live in. The office is in TST station.

Question: do think i should ask for more in terms of salary, or is 46k a month already a very good offer? What kind of lifestyle should I be able to live?

I think it sounds about right, I don’t think 7 years experience would be at Director level, manager would be possible. Thus commensurate with manager level 46k is a fair offer, you didn’t mention if there may be double pay or other bonuses. Just as an illustration Director would probably be more 12-15+ years experience and 60-100k+ a month depending on the exposure, team size and if the company is a MNC/local established firm

Just my 2 cents, as my firm is currently looking for a head of procurement apac. And I am in charge of apac hiring, we are one of the largest engineering firms globally

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYouth1:
    I think it sounds about right, I don’t think 7 years experience would be at Director level, manager would be possible. Thus commensurate with manager level 46k is a fair offer, you didn’t mention if there may be double pay or other bonuses. Just as an illustration Director would probably be more 12-15+ years experience and 60-100k+ a month depending on the exposure, team size and if the company is a MNC/local established firm

Just my 2 cents, as my firm is currently looking for a head of procurement apac. And I am in charge of apac hiring, we are one of the largest engineering firms globally
    Indeed it's manager like in the title, just made a quick post and didn't think about it too much ahahah
    The fact is that my current salary is way higher (in europe), but i really want to move there as my gf is from there (living currently in the US with me). I know, it's complicated location wise ahahah I worked in HK for a few years before, but later went back.

There are no bonuses, and that's why i really want to understand if it will be enough considering new prices and the fact that my GF will probably have no income for a while.

Well, as you're hiring in my field you could send me a message
    Last edited by FrancItaly; 01-07-2022 at 08:10 AM.