Like Tree18Likes

Boris Johnson Resigns

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    The toppling of Saddam Hussain initially had public support but clearly this fell away drastically as governance fell apart in Iraq. United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Poland all went to war on very tenuous grounds in Iraq but this doesn't change Mr Blair's limited impact on domestic policy and domestic policy is really where the difference can be made to a countries growth and development.
    But what is he remembered for? Your legacy is what you are remembered for not what you did in total.

In the same way Boris will not be remembered for taking the Tories left but for being a slimy liar.
    GentleGeorge likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    But what is he remembered for? Your legacy is what you are remembered for not what you did in total.

In the same way Boris will not be remembered for taking the Tories left but for being a slimy liar.
    Perhaps to the Daily Mail brigade but their impact is hopefully measured differently.

If Mr Johnson had done more levelling up and wasted less cash I suspect his personal relationship with the truth would have mattered less.

If Mr Johnson had done more levelling up and wasted less cash I suspect his personal relationship with the truth would have mattered less.
    The dude did the world's fastest vaccine rollout, sent weapons to Ukraine before it was cool, and rolled out the red carpet for the world's biggest group of high skilled migrants...

If he was going to be remembered for getting the big calls right, people would be talking about it already.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I'm out of touch with Australian politics, and disliked Morrison, but as far as I can tell, he didn't hold a candle to Johnson in the populist lying scumbag stakes.
    Scott Morrison was immensely disliked, as was Josh Frydenberg, which is why they both got smashed at the last election and why the LNP was demolished to nothing more than a 'minor' party.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    The dude did the world's fastest vaccine rollout, sent weapons to Ukraine before it was cool, and rolled out the red carpet for the world's biggest group of high skilled migrants...

If he was going to be remembered for getting the big calls right, people would be talking about it already.
    He also funded the NHS and raised unpopular taxes for social care and pushed Brexit through Parliment by sheer force of personality. The most important change was to the Conservative Party making them realize they need to have policies for the working lower middle class to win a majority. Labour had left this group so we ripe for the picking.

When in trouble he resorted to throwing cash at society. That does not work to cover personal ineptitude. Johnsonism will probably continue for a while unless the currency markets are right and the Conservative Party move back to the right for economic policy.

Boris Johnson moves party from Chequers...

https://us.yahoo.com/news/uks-boris-...102709943.html

shri likes this.

He also funded the NHS and raised unpopular taxes for social care and pushed Brexit through Parliment by sheer force of personality. The most important change was to the Conservative Party making them realize they need to have policies for the working lower middle class to win a majority. Labour had left this group so we ripe for the picking.

When in trouble he resorted to throwing cash at society. That does not work to cover personal ineptitude. Johnsonism will probably continue for a while unless the currency markets are right and the Conservative Party move back to the right for economic policy.
    That’s actually quite thought provoking. I don’t necessarily agree with it all but he will forever be remembered for delivering Brexit however good or bad as well as being a thorough scumbag.

Blair I can only remember for being a smug git and WMD. Gordon Brown was what kept Blair in power. But I may be doing TB a disservice and I’ll happily stick my hand up if anyone can point out something memorable he achieved,

EDIT in fairness dragging the party somewhere near to centre, especially in the context of where they had been for years, is actually a notable achievement and god knows the Tories needed replacing at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    That’s actually quite thought provoking. I don’t necessarily agree with it all but he will forever be remembered for delivering Brexit however good or bad as well as being a thorough scumbag.

Blair I can only remember for being a smug git and WMD. Gordon Brown was what kept Blair in power. But I may be doing TB a disservice and I’ll happily stick my hand up if anyone can point out something memorable he achieved,

EDIT in fairness dragging the party somewhere near to centre, especially in the context of where they had been for years, is actually a notable achievement and god knows the Tories needed replacing at the time.
    Good Friday Agreement would be a big one.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4