Like Tree15Likes

Prosecuted for Renting High LTV Mortgage

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I feel like I have walked into the middle of a conversation in the pub....what is this thread about????
    A horse walking into a bar and ordered a drink for himself on a credit card and then rented said drink to someone else. Apparently such behavior is not acceptable by the credit card company.... or his insurance company...

The horse was suspected of bribing the bartender with an tip .. and the horse corruption squad does not take that lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Aiya . should have looked at the ICAC website for their press release.

https://www.icac.org.hk/en/press/index_id_1395.html
    Hmmm ... maybe I missed it but they didn't actually spell out what "corruption" actually took place (as distinct from the fraud)? Corruption usually refers to offences under the Prevention of Bribery Ordinance - like offering or soliciting an advantage (i.e. a bribe). Could be an interesting case to follow.

Original Post Deleted
    Thanks - makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    A horse walking into a bar and ordered a drink for himself on a credit card and then rented said drink to someone else. Apparently such behavior is not acceptable by the credit card company.... or his insurance company...

The horse was suspected of bribing the bartender with an tip .. and the horse corruption squad does not take that lightly.
    Somebody started early today.
    shri likes this.

@traineeinvestor

A horse walked into a Korean BBQ ...

Why do I get the feeling that the easiest way to get the horse locked up is to accuse it of corruption...

Meo Ba Han Roast is operated by Felicity Group Holdings Co., Ltd. (Felicity Group). The defendant is suspected of falsely representing to Felicity Group that the salary records of eight part-time employees are true and intending to defraud Felicity in December 2019. The group paid a total of about 26,000 yuan in wages, which resulted in his profit or disadvantage for Felicity Group.

After receiving a corruption complaint earlier, the ICAC launched an investigation. After investigation, it was found that the eight part-time employees were not working at the branch at the time of the crime. Felicity Group provided full assistance during the ICAC investigation.
    https://www.hk01.com/sns/article/799714

The fire officer was pretty stupid for doing that straight after purchase and loan.

I wonder if ICAC also got excited when they saw that the guy's name is Hui Chi-Fung and wondered if it might actually be someone else of the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    The fire officer was pretty stupid for doing that straight after purchase and loan.

I wonder if ICAC also got excited when they saw that the guy's name is Hui Chi-Fung and wondered if it might actually be someone else of the same name.
    Ha ha Brilliant!

That ties all the threads together nicely. A 'crime' that we never see prosecuted suddenly makes an appearance.

By the time they realised they had the wrong Hui Chi-Fung they'd already sent the fax and now it can't be rolled back.

Why? "Cannot la! - my name on fax footer laaaa"